• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2019 midwest cat clowder

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Aarons group has/had a good idea...... Get the dates out there for the community over the snow events.

Save the Date,

February 2nd is the first saturday in February so clowder dates are set.

There are trail rides as needed the week before.

Show and Shine on saturday the 2nd

Save the date, head out to The YOOP snow is a given.

Attachments

• locked and loaded.jpg
    locked and loaded.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 730
Last edited:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
well, Winter is settling nicely, the iron and copper belt of america has ski hills opening.

Our host city has already had a snow day and snow cats are leaving tracks. Here is to hoping the frost in the ground stays and the snow continues to pile up.

corby

Hope to make it this year and with a cat!! Last year I got sick with the flu and couldn't go.

Dave:clap:

Kristi Kt-4

About 18 inches on the ground! :clap:

Attachments

• 20181112_152922.jpg
    20181112_152922.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 583
  • 20181112_152943.jpg
    20181112_152943.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 583

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
https://www.facebook.com/events/1159604674203233/
Not sure what forum etiquette is.......

The Saturday event host has upped their game. bringing in a band ect.

The snow continues to pile in the Iron Range.

I know better than to suggest a roll call...... I am hoping all the radio silence is people like me prepping machines and limping around on a broken wheel..

I am pushing to be a tucker participant this year, time to see what all the hub bub is about!

Sturgeon Bay WI is on track to be sending a first timer.
Waupaca, Here is hoping......
Kansas City

Couple of new states to add to the map for tow fund eligibility.

6 weeks out,

What is your story?

Attachments

• IMG_20181225_182411_177.jpg
    IMG_20181225_182411_177.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 507
Last edited:

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
My wife is sending me to scope it out for a possible 2020 family getaway (need a bigger cat for that!). I have a neighbor who is about 80% sure he might come.
That Facebook dealie doesn’t really give that much info to a non-booker, what’s the scoop on lodging, schedule, etc? Any registration of any type required?
Keep that puffy leg and your beer holding hand elevated

Kristi Kt-4

My wife is sending me to scope it out for a possible 2020 family getaway (need a bigger cat for that!). I have a neighbor who is about 80% sure he might come.
That Facebook dealie doesn’t really give that much info to a non-booker, what’s the scoop on lodging, schedule, etc? Any registration of any type required?

Glad to hear that we can add New York to the list of participants! There are several chain motels in Ironwood which is about 5 miles away and a couple Mom/Pop motels that are reasonable/nice in Bessemer. Most participants rent a chalet on the hill and are nearby for activities.

Thursday is usually an arrival day for most but there is usually a fun exploring type of trail ride scheduled. Friday is an organized (if that is possible) trail ride out to Lake Superior. Once the destination is reached lunch is the main focus next to the natural beauty of the lake. :eatdrink: Saturday is a day at the host location. Laughter, Cat talk, repairs, skiing, and a campfire are among the days activities. :hammer: If there is enough interest/help there are usual some friendly games. :boxing: Saturday after shut down is when the machines ascend up the hill on the sunset tour. Dinner and a program follows.

No pre-registration is required but there is a registration form to be completed by owners at the hill for the show/activities. Let us know your plans/ppl coming and we will find you a ride for the duration.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

You have seen the fleet, I will get you a snow cat up there for you if you don't mind operating one for the weekend. There is a couple of "Internet content builders" that are looking for seats.....
assumptions below:
Im assuming you might drive out.
I assume tugging a trailer out of my place to the venue might be do able?
If not tugging one around up there perhaps? (raised eyebrow smiley)

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have found printing this while shopping for lodging helps.I have not found an area I was not able to snow cat too.....

common sense would suggest we don't go catting alone across the facility after they finish grooming for the night, yet our group has a pretty solid record of doing just that....

sometimes the bartender needed a ride...... (Iowa)

sometimes folks are lost in the snow......(Minnesota)

Hell even one time we went out to help put a fire out....(Wisconsin)

Attachments

• lodging-map.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 168

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the info. I’ll look for a place on the hill- sounds fun catting around

Hmmm, I had planned on dragging my cat behind but could simplify things by not doing that. I’ll have to think about it a bit, my cat could use a little socialization -vs-lots of miles trailering. Can’t wait, I haven’t been to powderhorn since high school ski club

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
even better! get that Bombi out here. that would be a great addition.

I guess a pride is a single family of cats, where-in a clouder is a group of anti-social cats?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the info. I’ll look for a place on the hill- sounds fun catting around

Hmmm, I had planned on dragging my cat behind but could simplify things by not doing that. I’ll have to think about it a bit, my cat could use a little socialization -vs-lots of miles trailering. Can’t wait, I haven’t been to powderhorn since high school ski club

first, you meet some of the nicest people in a snow cat, next, more smiles per mile and if you go slow, even more smiles in a snow cat,

so, pretty sure you will regret not bringing your cat, come for the fun and leave with great memories, the midwest event really is the heart and sole of the cat world, all tracks cross in Michigan, besides, getting your cat photographed along the banks of Lake Superior in WINTER is priceless...

rumor on the snow, is that there will be several snow cats being at the clowder for the first time...

Last edited:

funtracks

I was a first timer last year but without a snocat, plan is to pull my 1958 Tucker 443 to the ride and show this year. The ride on Friday sounds great, I've never had the opportunity to drive my Tucker any further than to the end of a 400 acre field and back (and down and back over and over). With all the work I've done (I'll be updating my restoration thread with more details) and the lack of opportunity to test drive it in SE MN I'm a little worried about breaking down but what better place to have an issue with the machine when there's snocat experts around every snow bank! Can't wait to meet more friends.

Attachments

• Tucker back home.jpg
    Tucker back home.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 425

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
those pontoons and tracks look pretty sexy....

Welcome aboard that 58' will be great company. with any luck we could have a 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's tucker collection there.

in regards to your last minute wrenching needs, the host groomer barn is 76 lovely degrees for service if necessary, very talented group of folks for sure.

I have even headed to the event planning on *finishing* some prep because snow cat wrenching with friends holding a light is priceless.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
A past participant has contacted me about stickers, anyone have a jpeg of a snow catting type image to share.

Kind of a cool story and speaks to the type of event this is:

Given the 990,000 acres of land that are free to explore. Thursday and Friday are trail rides on forested trails and unimproved logging, mining roads. As a group, we seek to find waterfalls, ski flying facilities, and other wonders of winter. Sometimes roads need to be made a bit wider to get the cats through, Thru. sometimes water needs to be crossed to see what is on the other side.

Saturday is a day at the hill OR you may join a group and go explore the forest. when the day skiing stops for the day, a brief operators meeting is held and we shoot out on the slopes to watch the sun set or have a fire. our host asks that we extend an invite to provide rides. one of the folks who Rode in a groomer had such a memorable time they reached out and offered to print stickers . stickers are fun.

the 2019 winter Clowder is all about fun.

anyone have anything they would like to see on a sticker?

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
birds, Nite owls,
tree parts, pine stumps
ammunition or gun I am not sure 300 H-H

who else is coming up in addition to sqwrls and princesses

shaping up to be a epic adventure.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

LOL I never travel with out both, the gun and the ammo.... :thumbup:

Bring money for the "Custom" event Tee Shirts I am having made up for this years event... :wink:

Yes, I will be there.... :smile:

Regards, Kirk

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
birds, Nite owls,
tree parts, pine stumps

who else is coming up in addition to sqwrls and princesses

shaping up to be a epic adventure.

Well, let’s see
Birds= squirels Harrass and eat there eggs?
Nite owls= squirels need to watch out?
Tree parts= squirels play hide and seek with there nuts?
Pine stumps= squirels have there babies there?
Farmers with guns and ammo = squirels get the hell out of there while you still can. Start early if your gimpy.......:yum::yum::yum:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, let’s see
Farmers with guns and ammo = squirels get the hell out of there while you still can. Start early if your gimpy.......:yum::yum::yum:

So....
Will you stop by with a machine this year? Or just weigh in on the fun from afar? (like usual LOL)

It is not that far from your home base. I promise not to get the guns and ammo out, lol.... :smile:

And You will earn a free T shirt commemorating the event if you do!

Regards, Kirk

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
So....
Will you stop by with a machine this year? Or just weigh in on the fun from afar? (like usual LOL)

It is not that far from your home base. I promise not to get the guns and ammo out, lol.... :smile:

And You will earn a free T shirt commemorating the event if you do!

Regards, Kirk

Please get the guns and ammo out, I love them..... 338 Lapua, 50 cal McMillan
http://www.mcmillanfirearms.com/elr-training/

Weigh in from afar

Last edited:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, let’s see

spoken like a hipster millennial, who spent too much time gaming..... "Well there is that fairy princess and she has a wand....... Granted it is an orange wand..."

And I AM gimped up, Getting in and out of the cats is proving to be a challenge.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Redsqrwl, is this you testing out the drink holders for the ride back down the mountain??

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rywUzMAOfuY

well sort of this is how yoopers, and want to be yoopers, test drink holders:

https://youtu.be/DPwJLAJLdt4

BACK UP< BACK UP....... hahahahahaha

Actually I have the other cat, that one is a 5 man with a box on the back. Mine is the 2 Door that got burned at the end. but yes the drink holders are up to par, actually the "thing Cat" usually winds up with all the napping kids sacked out in the back until we hit icy roads, they all magically wake up and start asking for cheerios, (do a cheerio, What? DO A CHEERIO, What? DO A CHEEERRIIOOO"

And I do.....

For the kids of course......

One little guy calls them cookies, do some cookies....

damn it kid, its donuts... we do donuts......:thumbup:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
that pistenbully is like mine. that is why I cut it in half and added 3ft and an axle.