• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

pistenbully trip near sultan wa.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
we tried to get some gas cans full of fuel to a ham repeater on haystack mountain.
it never happened . we spun out in the heavy wet snow about 3/4 way up.
a mountain Yamaha sled even failed and broke a radiator hitting a drift.
this one shows my copilot with the incline meter in the background.
DSC01213.jpg

fuel cans on back and some inside
DSC01210.jpg

clouds and snow moved in spoiling our view.
canyon at our highest point . you can see the trail in the back . we spun and backed down .then turned around.
DSC01214.jpg

unloaded and ready to head down. the snowmobile will be retrieved later in the week.
DSC01217.jpg

loaded at the bottom
DSC01221.jpg

G

Georgette

What size engine is in that? Nice machine!!! I need one of those gauges... good to know where youre at lol

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a vw 1.9 tdi turbo but it is industrial so it may have a few different parts.
it has about 80 hp.diesel.
nothing special about the tilt meter . it looks like an rv one.

G

Georgette

lot of tractor stores have the tilt gauges

There is no "tractor" stores up here. We have 2 grocery stores... the northern and a coop. Oh yeah and a hardware store that sells gas and nails pretty much. All of my parts/accesories have to be flown in. Ill be checking out amazon for that gauge today lol.:brows:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
they use the gauge for travel trailers . or you can spend a lot and get one made for 4x4

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
should have had my 2100 I bet it would have gone right up. I climb hills with that one and all you can see is sky and it feels like you are reclining.

Red130

Thanks for sharing that story. I should share this with my various friends who think "there's no way that thing could ever get stuck" and "there's no place in these mountains you can't go". Seriously.

Snowcat Pat

Next time try back-blading your way up. I've made it up some very steep roads (I-90 Compressor District exit to Gold Hill) that way, 12 feet at a time, on 20 inch wide tracks.

-Pat

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
pat
thanks back blading did help. it help to climb up on the top . it just got steep and deep.
my complete blade assembly is 450lbs .that weight out front didn't help much.