• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

pc200lc6 stopped swinging.

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
My pc200 started to stop swinging to the right then it started it make a clunking sound. Then it stopped all together. But if you raise the bucket you can swing the machine by pushing on the bucket with your hands. Anyone see this before? We are starting to remove the swing motor. Hoping it's not serious.​

I haven't seen that exact problem with the swing motor but does sound like you may of sheared the shaft or knocked off the teeth on the gear. I have pulled the swing motor in my ex200 to replace a leaking seal and it was not that bad of a job.

Keeping everything real clean is very important when taking things apart on an excavator, oh and keeping the checkbook handy.

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
Ya, I know about the cost to keep these toys running. I changed both tracks, a final drive and both drive sprockets last year.:4_11_9:

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
Think I found the problem.

Attachments

• photo file 065.jpg
    photo file 065.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 200
  • photo file 066.jpg
    photo file 066.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 206