• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

trivia 12/23

JenKennings

Occupant; CatBird Seat
SUPER Site Supporter
trivia 12/23
DID YOU KNOW...
The custom of family (surnames) names did not arise until the 11th century in Europe. Prior to the 11th century a surname, if used at all, represented the name of a primitive clan or tribe

1. Can you name three of the four 'valuable' coasts between Liberia and Nigeria?
2. In the middle ages in England what ingredient did beer have that ale didn't which gave it more longevity? ( ale went skunky after 4 or 5 days )
3. Lapsang Souchong is a type of what?
4. Millions of horses, mules and donkeys died on the battle fields of Europe in WW1;
how many millions ?
5. Complete the following Donavan song titles. a: Sunshine _____ b: Mellow _____ c: Jennifer _____ d: Season _____
(If you get at least two, take half a point)
6. What were the names of Samantha's two children in the TV series Bewitched?
7. In 1990, who won the vote as the sportsman of the decade (1980-1990) in north America?
Michael Jordan
Wayne Gretzky
Bo Jackson
Lance Armstrong
8. When the Titanic went down which land mass was closest to the spot it sank?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Spanish is an official language in more countries than any other, except for English.
1. Ivory coast, gold coast, slave coast, pepper coast
2. Hops
3. tea
4. 8 million
5. a: Superman, b: Yellow, c: Juniper, d: of the witch
6. Tabatha and Adam
7. Wayne Gretzky (The Great One !)
8. Newfoundland
CRAP !!
It is French !
French is the official language in 30 countries and English is the official language in 53 countries.
French will always be the official “language of Love” and expensive menus !

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I got 2, 3 and 8.

I got half of #1. I thought that the slave coast extended south, beyond Nigeria, down into Equatorial Africa and I've never heard of the "pepper coast".

I got three quarters of #5. I missed d).

JenKennings

Occupant; CatBird Seat
SUPER Site Supporter
I got 2, 3 and 8.

I got half of #1. I thought that the slave coast extended south, beyond Nigeria, down into Equatorial Africa and I've never heard of the "pepper coast".

I got three quarters of #5. I missed d).

Pepper Coast is the name of a coastal area in western Africa, between Cape Mesurado and Cape Palmas. It encloses the present republic of Liberia. It got its name from the melegueta pepper. The pepper is also known as the grain of paradise, which gave rise to an alternative name, the Grain Coast. The importance of the spice is shown by the designation of the area from the Saint John River (at present-day Buchanan) to Harper in Liberia as the "Grain Coast" in honor of the availability of grains of paradise.