• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Normal

beds

Ramblings of an old man has been hijacked enough.

Dutch-NJ said:
Beds................. I'm going to lay on the ropes this round.

Why don't you explain to all of us how any living thing that doesn't reproduce or procreate is normal.

Why don't you explain to all of us how "a small percentage," that is different than the majority is normal.

Normal to me is something that you have no control of - it's normal for people to be different-colored skin or hair, different heights including very short and very tall, varying intellectual levels from handicapped to genius. I (hopefully as a society) would embrace all of these people and call them normal. They did not choose to be that way, they just are. This is what is called a genetic predisposition. If you are (and it may or may not be true) a genetically pre-disposed to being homosexual, then you are normal. You should not be singled out and chastised by our society. You may disagree that there is no genetic predisposition to being homosexual but you cannot agree that we should single-out and chastise these people if there is some genetic predisposition that determines their sexuality. I'm not talking about your teenage try-out same-sex relationships to be cool. I'm talking about mature people coming to this realization.

daedong

beds said:
Ramblings of an old man has been hijacked enough.

Normal to me is something that you have no control of - it's normal for people to be different-colored skin or hair, different heights including very short and very tall, varying intellectual levels from handicapped to genius. I (hopefully as a society) would embrace all of these people and call them normal. They did not choose to be that way, they just are. This is what is called a genetic predisposition. If you are (and it may or may not be true) a genetically pre-disposed to being homosexual, then you are normal. You should not be singled out and chastised by our society. You may disagree that there is no genetic predisposition to being homosexual but you cannot agree that we should single-out and chastise these people if there is some genetic predisposition that determines their sexuality. I'm not talking about your teenage try-out same-sex relationships to be cool. I'm talking about mature people coming to this realization.

Beds

"Definitions of normal on the Web:
[SIZE=-1]conforming with or constituting a norm or standard or level or type or social norm; not abnormal; "serve wine at normal room temperature"; "normal diplomatic relations"; "normal working hours"; "normal word order"; "normal curiosity"; "the normal course of events"
in accordance with scientific laws
being approximately average or within certain limits in e.g. intelligence and development; "a perfectly normal child"; "of normal intelligence"; "the most normal person I've ever met"
convention: something regarded as a normative example; "the convention of not naming the main character"; "violence is the rule not the exception"; "his formula for impressing visitors"
forming a right angle "

I certainly understand what you are saying, and i agree whole heartedly with you, but technically you are wrong

Using this definition normal is what is accepted by the majority of society so in this case we should accept homosexuallty as NORMAL.

On this basis it is therefore abnormal for extremes in all things , this include the extreme views

So Duchy go figure.
[/SIZE]

Dutch-NJ

Beds:

You seem to want to make "genetic predisposition" (natural) and "normal" mean the same thing.

Here are a few more things for you to contemplate.

Actor Danny Devito was born and grew “naturally” to a height of 5' 0".
Some people may think Mr. Devito is short. Do you think he is “normal?”

Actor Richard Kiel was born and grew “naturally” to a height of 7' 2".
Some people may think Mr. Kyle is tall, others may think he is a giant. Do you think he is “normal?”

Is dying a “natural” death at age 25 “normal” to your way of thinking?

HGM

"normal" is another term taken over by the PC crowd...... Its a term that is now being used to make everyone feel warm and fuzzy inside.. Homosexuality is not "normal".. If it is a genetic predisposition, it would fall into the same unfortunate catagory as downs syndrome.. Not normal, but a disorder of the brain.. If a dog was to "meow" would he be normal??

Personally I dont believe it is genetic... Its a psychological disorder or choice..Something in the persons life has dirrected them into a mindset that they feel more comfortable with the same sex rather than the oposite(as normal)..If someone choses to be honosexual, that would be their choice.. Like most other things in life, as long as it doesnt effect others(me) then so be it..

The largest problem I have with this lifestyle is the blatent flamboyant attitude that is displayed in order to get attention.. If it was normal, you wouldnt see the dramatic personality shift toward that of the opposite sex..We are naturally different(men and women) for a reason..Maybe it is a genetic predispostion or chemical imbalance in the brain, I dont really know.. However, it is not normal..

Would I treat someone differently because they are gay? Not as long as they act normal and dont push their lifestyle on me.. Meaning, its like a religious group or club.. If one truely acts normal he/she will be treated as so.. I have worked with a few gay people over the years.. They were professional(for the most part), and actually fun to be around because of their veiwpoint on life.. They knew I wasnt "one of them" and didnt try to make me one..Ironicly, most of them were against the "flamers" too.. Simply because they make them all look bad..Very similar to the way christians look at evangalists..

Thats my take on the matter, you dont have to agree.. But nature dictates what is normal..In order for life to continue(normaly), sex between male and female is manditory.. Its the only normal way..

Dutch-NJ

Greg:

You and I appear to have had similar experiences interacting with homosexual people, and share the same outlook.