• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Last Ride

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Guy is in Colorado although eventful. Driving in from KS he said he had to lean the bike into the wind to stay upright. He got his bike serviced ASA he got in yesterday......... new rear, fluids, and several adjustments. Started raining after he left the dealership while looking for a hotel ......... no rooms on the first few stops. Ended up calling several on the side of the road in the rain until he found one. Today he's on to Buffalo Bill Museum, he thinking about heading back tomorrow.

Yeah.. he commented on the wind yesterday when I was talking to him... That's pretty typical of Kansas so.... Not fun to ride/drive across at all.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Guy was in Parkersburg WV. We had breakfast at the Mountaineer Restaurant (THANKS Guy!!!!!). I met with Guy and George (a friend of Guy's from Maine, who recently moved back to WV). We had a good chat. :D :beer:
Both Guy and George are on 50 heading east. Then they will jump on I-79N for a ways and then take side roads up past east Pittsburgh to miss the city traffic.
Dawg he's heading your way!!!! :D
Hopefully it will stay dry today for their ride.

Nice meeting you Guy; thanks for breakfast! :thumb: :D

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Guy was in Parkersburg WV. We had breakfast at the Mountaineer Restaurant (THANKS Guy!!!!!). I met with Guy and George (a friend of Guy's from Maine, who recently moved back to WV). We had a good chat. :D :beer:
Both Guy and George are on 50 heading east. Then they will jump on I-79N for a ways and then take side roads up past east Pittsburgh to miss the city traffic.
Dawg he's heading your way!!!! :D
Hopefully it will stay dry today for their ride.

Nice meeting you Guy; thanks for breakfast! :thumb: :D

Yeah he called yesterday letting me know when he'll get in. I'll be looking for him to help load him up and see him off towards home this evening.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Sadly, I missed him on Sunday... weather and bad timing made it tough... sounds like he is having a heck of a trip though!

jwstewar

I missed this thread earlier. Too bad. If he was on 50, he went through Chillicothe. He could have gone to see Tecumseh and he also went right by my house. He could have stopped and said Hello. Hope he at least waived as he went by.:whistling:

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Interesting how close some of you are to US50. I am about 3 miles by road, and maybe a mile as a crow flies.

There is a sign at the start of US50 in Sacramento, "Ocean City Md 3xxx miles".

I am 35 miles east of Sacramento, off US50. I have only traveled east of Lake Tahoe on it once, while returning from Wyoming. That time, we came down Wind River Canyon and SouthPass, then crossed I80 at Rawlins and dropped south along Flaming Gorge. Caught US 50 near Provo. It is a pretty lonely highway thru Nevada.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Guy planned it perfect ...... Colt and him had his bike loaded just as I pulled in to the drive ..... :biggrin:

He's on his way home, he should be on I80 (Dubois, PA) in about a half hour!

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
Well, I made it home in one piece. I pulled in at 4:30 AM Beat but happy.It was a great ride, a little damp but good,
i want to send a big thanks to the "Big Dawg" for all the help to make my trip a success.Here are a few pics of what i saw.

1 The Dawg in uniform

2 Lincoln's House

3 Lincoln monument Springfield Ill.

4 Lincoln Law office

5 Lincoln tomb

6 one thing I did right was pick the right roads US 36 going and US 50 coming back

Attachments

• Dawg (Medium).jpg
    Dawg (Medium).jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 102
  • Lincoln House (Medium).jpg
    Lincoln House (Medium).jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 99
  • Lincoln Monument 2 (Medium).jpg
    Lincoln Monument 2 (Medium).jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 110
  • Lincoln Law office (Medium).jpg
    Lincoln Law office (Medium).jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 113
  • Lincoln Tomb (Medium).jpg
    Lincoln Tomb (Medium).jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 98
  • Right road (Medium).jpg
    Right road (Medium).jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 99

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
1 new friends in Ohio

2 Last but not least RK and "The Man" it was good meeting you Doc.

I have some photos of Bufalo Bill's grave and Lookout Mt but they have to be developed. Som dummy forgot his camera in the motel and had to buy a disposable.

Attachments

• New Friends Ohio (Medium).jpg
    New Friends Ohio (Medium).jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 100
  • Doc 1 (Medium).jpg
    Doc 1 (Medium).jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 99

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good meeting you Guy! You sure made good time getting back home. I think you were ready for home and your own bed. :thumb: :D

Good pics so far and I look forward to more from your trip.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Good experience to enjoy. Have you noticed Doc is starting to resemble his avatar more?:whistling:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Doggie sure looks hot aside that bike, you big hunka man ya! :D

Nice pics RK, you look like a very kind man, and Bill of course Doc resembles his avatar, why do you think I chose that one for him? lol

:hide::wub: just kiddin' boss, I wuv ya..