• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Are Air Fares coming down ??

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
The wife just checked air fare from San francisco to Panama City ,Panama . $234 bucks round trip ???!!!! Thats crazy . I have never seen it that cheap . We always upgrade to first class from coach using air miles . I was just wondering if all routes are lower . I have never seen it this low . Its hard to imagine that a airline could even make a profit at that fee . Its a 9 hour flight !!!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I plan to keep my feet on the ground for a while but that is cheap.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I plan to keep my feet on the ground for a while but that is cheap.

I look at life that when its your time ,its your time . I will never let anyone put the fear of dying into my head to me keep from flying or enjoying my freedom . I honestly think the terrorist over Christmas obtained a partial victory with many fliers by scaring them . These people made there own prisons walls . I will spit in the eye of every terrorist out there by continueing to do what I do best . Being an American !

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh I don't sweat the terrorists! Trust me I watch everybody when I fly. I am just tired of the BS to get through security and the cramped seating. I would sooner take 2 days to drive than spend one day flying.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
My wife is looking at airline tickets right now to get her from here to Saskatchewan for a week. Return flight is roughly $374 right now for a 4 hr flight with one change over.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Oh I don't sweat the terrorists! Trust me I watch everybody when I fly. I am just tired of the BS to get through security and the cramped seating. I would sooner take 2 days to drive than spend one day flying.

We use to do the same thing and I hated the effect of being in a cattle car.
Then about 15 years ago we got a credit card that gives us 1 mile of air travel for every dollar spent . I put away my check book and we have used it for everything ever since . We rack up a lot of free air miles each year . The catch is we pay off the card each month so no interest is charged . I even tried to pay for the new truck that way but the car dealer ran backwards at the thought of a $54000 dollar charge on their credit card machine .
It cost us about 60,000 air miles to upgrade to first class but I love the free drinks , free meals, and pampered care that is given . No fighting for space to store stuff . I do this so often that they now know me by name .
We arrive refreshed and comfortable . Its a great way to travel on free air miles if one can be disciplined enough to pay off that credit card bill each month . The up side is the credit card company raises your limit to crazy levels .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
My wife is looking at airline tickets right now to get her from here to Saskatchewan for a week. Return flight is roughly $374 right now for a 4 hr flight with one change over.

Is that on "short Notice "??? The wife usually starts looking at flights about 2 months in advance . Seems to get pretty good prices that way . The problem is we stay for 3 months and most flights want the return ticket used sooner than that .
We have paid as much as $700 RT each so $234 is a steal !
Can you say FF reunion at bigAls house !!!!!!!

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I went to Panama in September. I think that I paid around $400 total. Richmond to Panama City. I plan to return somewhere around the end of January (to Boquete) I will be done with work this week. Retiring in Panama is definitely an option. If fare is around $300, fares have gone down.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I went to Panama in September. I think that I paid around $400 total. Richmond to Panama City. I plan to return somewhere around the end of January (to Boquete) I will be done with work this week. Retiring in Panama is definitely an option. If fare is around $300, fares have gone down.

Enjoy Boquete . Its a refreshing change . Nice and cool . Make sure you visit "Mi Jardin es su Jardin ". Beautiful !

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter

Isn't the rainy season in Janurary in Boquete? I know it is in Bocas Del Toro . Its a terrible time of the year to cross the channel to our Island . We get high tides and 12' rollers in the bay . Can you say Sea Sick !!!!!

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
There doesn't seem to be much of a rainy season in Boquete. A couple of hours in the early evening. The season is supposed to run from Sep to December. This is one of the reasons that I want to go in Jan-Feb. Want to check it out. Temperature range is much cooler in the mountains. I did not get to Boca. May try to make it this trip.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
There doesn't seem to be much of a rainy season in Boquete. A couple of hours in the early evening. The season is supposed to run from Sep to December. This is one of the reasons that I want to go in Jan-Feb. Want to check it out. Temperature range is much cooler in the mountains. I did not get to Boca. May try to make it this trip.

Janurary is a terrible time to visit Bocas .Too much rain . If you can, plan on the months of Sept, Oct, early Nov, March, April or May to visit.
Lots of Gringos live in Boquete and it has become very popular . Have a great trip .I'll be there in early March to pick up some furniture in David before heading to Bocas .