• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Heading to Poland

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Leaving for Poland Friday. Spend about a week with wife's family and freinds in Ropczyce. Then a few days in Krakow and one day in Zakopane.

Be back on the 4th.

See ya!

I'll post any new pix on my photobucket page after I get back.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Have a great trip. You've been there a few times before, right? Don't forget photos!!!

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, every year for the last few years. Have some previous photos in my photobucket library. When I post some new pix, I'll let y'all know about it.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Have a good trip Fred. You can always tell when boating season is over. Fred's ready for a trip that does not have anything to do with boating. :D
Look forward to your pics Fred.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Did we have a boating season? Jeez, the lake had to be 10 degrees cooler this year. 20mph on a 60 degree lake ain't bad. 50 is getting cold. 100 is frickin freezing!

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all

Made it to Poland in one piece. Did not sleep well on the flight over, so were up for something like 28 hours before we went to bed in the evening, about 7:30pm, trying to get acclimated to the time change.

Spent the day running around trying to deal with the bureaucracy of state run health care here. They just want my wife's mother dead. But we did make some progress into getting her into a home. We are so screwed if this becomes a reality in the USA. You people believing the BS handed to you will someday regret your ideas the Government can run healthcare efficiently/ Anyway, sorry for getting political here, but that's all we've done all day.

Anyway, tomorrow is more BS. Hoping to have progress by Wednesday. Have two local lawyers helping us.

And we are expecting to have a nice time starting this coming Saturday through thurs am in Krakow.

No time for pics today, but maybe by Wednesday I'll have some posted on my photobucket pages.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm back. My laptop took a dump in Poland while downloading pix from my camera. So, until I get a cable and copy the drive onto a new laptop, I won;t have any pix to post.

My wife's mother is not doing well, and the health acre system over there doesn't care. They want her dead. But that's a whole different saga.

We did get bto spend a few days in Krakaw. Stayed at Andels Hotel, a very modern place we've stayed at the last few times we vivtted Krakow.

Had the hotel arrange an S Class Benz and driver to take us to Zakopane one of the days. Zakopane is a sking resort. No snow yet, but did get to see a real ski jump up close, and I have to say, I aren't as nuts as I thought I was. You gotta be absolutely nuts to ski jump!

Anyway, once I get the pix off my drive an loaded inro photobucket, I'll let you know.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I was able to get my pics off my old drive, and off my camera and am uploading them to my photobucket account below. It may be a while before they are available because the transfer sorta slow to that sight, plus I used 6 megapixel setting, so the files are big being transfered.

I put them in an album called 2009 Poland Trip for those that may in terested in seeing how poor a photographer I am!

I have a few pics from Krakow, Zakopane, and my wife's hometown and her mom's house.

And, for you SNOWTRACK guys, I have a couple pics of snowtrac-looking things from Zakopane, and one camo one that I saw in her hometown, Ropczyce.