• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ok, enough waiting....let's travel!

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Now I figure I need to route out the best places to go. Ideas for some family fun places?

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 133

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
To to ROCK CITY and RUBY FALLS. Might want to stop off at MAMMOTH CAVE on the way.

All 3 are classic touristy places from a time gone by but all 3 are still thriving. Sort of cheezy, and nostalgic, but honestly when we stopped off this summer to see them it was a very happy experience and something that both my wife and daughter were dreading. I demanded we go and it was great. We all had a nice time. Don't forget to ride the incline railway. If you have time stop into the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green too.

BTW, when did you get a black lab?

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Head east out of Indiana toward Pittsburgh, down through the Cumberland area toward Richmond and Williamsburg for the historic areas. On down to the coast to North Carolina for fun and games on the outer banks of NC and SC. If you are adventurous, back up the Blue Ridge through Ashville. It might be a hike in that rig. Home to Indiana. About 10 days to 2 weeks depending on stops.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
WOW! Congrats Brent. :thumb: You and your familey will have a ball with that home on wheels. So many great places to see. Anyplace you haven't seen yet for starters. :D

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
How about another party at Skurka's? Last time we had a party that would have been great to go around and pick people up in. :hide:

Congratulations Brent, your going to love that thing no matter where you go.:thumb:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
BTW, when did you get a black lab?

Would you believe, he is yet another that my son dragged home. He was a stray that, we think, had had the crap beaten out of him. Knowing I'm a sucker for pets it's clear he now has a loving home. I have to admit that has been rather satisfying watching him come out of his shell and not have to worry about ever being beaten again. He's come a long way and loves people now. He was never aggressive, but petrified of people for quite a while.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Brent, did you ever have your knee surgery?

Yup, thanks. I ended up having three different tears repaired in the surgery. I'm doing much better now. No more crying like a baby after walking down the driveway. :flowers:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
To to ROCK CITY and RUBY FALLS. Might want to stop off at MAMMOTH CAVE on the way.

Wow, I forgot all about Mammoth Cave! I loved that area. That would make for a great weekend trip!!

Thanks all for the ideas so far! I'm trying to tell my wife that we don't have to make each trip a major ordeal and they don't all have to be a couple of weeks long.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
No recommendations on where to go but be careful where you head into. Make sure you can make the corners and get out!

I remember my Dad tearing a huge hole in the side of one of those once. He didn't see the big branch sticking out.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
No recommendations on where to go but be careful where you head into. Make sure you can make the corners and get out!

I remember my Dad tearing a huge hole in the side of one of those once. He didn't see the big branch sticking out.

LOL! As much as it hurts me to admit it, I'm a paranoid and nervous wreck driving it in town right now. I could swear that it looks like I'm going to take down every powerline and even some overpasses look awfully low. I took a chainsaw and loppers to several trees down my driveway as to prevent them from leaving their mark on my new coach. At least I don't have to make the air suspension do that squat thing to get it into my barn. I have 16' tall doors on my new barn. :smile:

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
You get used to it after 1000mi I can take my forty footer in some places I would not have taken my sub and 30ft bumper hitch. What engine? My 8.3Isc got 12 last trip with the genny running the AC!!!! So much for horrible mileage!!!!!!!!!

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
LOL! As much as it hurts me to admit it, I'm a paranoid and nervous wreck driving it in town right now. I could swear that it looks like I'm going to take down every powerline and even some overpasses look awfully low. I took a chainsaw and loppers to several trees down my driveway as to prevent them from leaving their mark on my new coach. At least I don't have to make the air suspension do that squat thing to get it into my barn. I have 16' tall doors on my new barn. :smile:
Get your tape measure out you will be surprised how short it really is!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, thanks. I ended up having three different tears repaired in the surgery. I'm doing much better now. No more crying like a baby after walking down the driveway. :flowers:
That's good to hear!!
Happy Trails, no matter where you choose to journey.
My first hubby and I spent our honeymoon going out west in my Grandparents '78 Winnebago.
I loved it.
Have fun! :smile:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Get your tape measure out you will be surprised how short it really is!!!

Without lowering the air suspension, it's 12'4". I think most overpasses are all like 13'6" or something like that unless you get off on some old roads.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice ride Brent.

Myself, I'd head South or West for the first trip or two. I wouldn't want to get into the narrow, twisty, congested roads and up-and-down hills of the East until I had a couple thousand miles under my belt driving that thing.

If you head West, you'll have some open driving before you hit the Rockies. Even then, the roads are normally more wide open. Back roads can get a bit narrow but they're generally straighter. I did a 3K mile trek as the driver of a RV that covered a round-trip that did Arizona to Montana and everywhere in between. I'd say Yellowstone and the area of Estes Park/RMNF were the only 2 places where you'll get your heart really pumping driving a RV. In places, they were sort of like "The road to Hana".

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter

If Robin Williams can do it, I'm sure you'll manage.:biggrin: