• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Allstate NON insurance really bad insurance to have

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I just got a letter from my mortgage holder notifying me that they have the bill for the new coverage..........GREAT. They also told me ALLSTATE has not cancelled/refunded my unused portion of coverage............and that I need to call them.........GREAT.

ring ring............allstate..................I tell them I need to find out where the refund is............what refund? Uh for my homeowners, oh are you cancelling that also............we did not know................BS BS BS BS. Oh, so I am still covered, yes, great would you like to send someone out to look at my storm damaged roof and trees, since I still have coverage........her response, would you like to get denied again??????????? WTF!! Since they NEVER CAME OUT THE FIRST TIME, how could it be AGAIN. she then says is that not why you are leaving......yeah cause they NEVER CAME OUT, told me to busy to deal with my little claim, bye!

Faxing over the proof of coverage (why they need this have no idea, my mortgage holder knows I have it), more reason to NOT be tops in customer service.

Allstate sucks on CS, and to boot I got MORE COVERAGE, for a lot less $$$$, and better coverage. If my home is destroyed, Shelter writes ME a check, not with allstate, they hire the contractor to build your home back........bet that boy would be really sharp................not on your life. with their service and concern you would have a house of 1x2's where 2x6's should be. they had the rebuild value at 55,000.00...........shelter has me 90K. and I run the rebuild, totally.

saved on car and life also...............a bunch!

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm pretty sure most insurance companies suck. That's why I pay as little as I can and review the coverages closely. I figure the money I save will pay for a good lawyer when and if I ever need to make a big claim.

As far as I can tell the only thing more evil than insurance companies are lawyers and politicians. I might as well save my money for the lawyers. ;)

Trakternut

I'm just wondering if they'd pay attention if they heard you mention your state's Insurance Commissioner. If they keep screwing people around, they can find themselves booted out of the state, which they don't want because of the loss of $$$ and it's gonna be publicized.
Drop that line on 'em.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Before I retired , My Construction Company did about 80 % of all insurance work in the county for many different Insurance companies . AllState , was without a doubt the worst to work for . They wanted everything done on the cheap . Terrible the way they treat their customers .
The best was State Farm . Want to guess who I am insured through ?????:whistling:

mak2

I was in the insurance years ago and usually I think most companies are about the same and have to be to remain competitive. But over the years whenever I hear someone complaining about claim paying or poor service it is almost always Allstate. Must be the cool commercials that keep them in buisness. BY the way when we had the flood a couple years ago Farmers paid off far better than I had ever hoped.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I was in the insurance years ago and usually I think most companies are about the same and have to be to remain competitive. But over the years whenever I hear someone complaining about claim paying or poor service it is almost always Allstate. Must be the cool commercials that keep them in buisness. BY the way when we had the flood a couple years ago Farmers paid off far better than I had ever hoped.

Yep! Farmers was another good company to work for . I would use them in a heart beat .

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yep! Farmers was another good company to work for . I would use them in a heart beat .

W were with Farmers for about ten years. We left last year as two years in a row we were hit with large increases. Otherwise we were always happy with them.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
W were with Farmers for about ten years. We left last year as two years in a row we were hit with large increases. Otherwise we were always happy with them.

Same here. 6 years, one small claim but the rates were going up way too fast.

kitty

we had Shelter ins. my husband had it before i got with him we only made one claim and the guy was very rude we switched to State Farm like them much much better

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Before I retired , My Construction Company did about 80 % of all insurance work in the county for many different Insurance companies . AllState , was without a doubt the worst to work for . They wanted everything done on the cheap . Terrible the way they treat their customers .
The best was State Farm . Want to guess who I am insured through ?????:whistling:

That's good to hear! I switched to SF a few years back. I fortunately have not had a claim, but many of my neighbors have, and SF treated them 100% or better. A number of 2nd floor water line breaks. All three that had this were on vacation when it happened. In facty, one time my wife called me at work to say water was coming out of Dave's place, both from the second story siding and the lower level basement windows! I had to make all the calls and SF treated me great. That's when I switched, and surprised myself and saved a ton over what I was paying.

I vote State Farm!