• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Eddie Van Halen reinvents the guitar

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very interesting. Good find PG.
Did Van Halen release anything from the last tour with David Lee Roth singing lead? If they did I would like to give it a listen.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Not as yet Doc, but it looks like it may be in the works :D

VAN HALEN PLANS NEW MATERIAL

2009-02-03

EDDIE VAN HALEN has given VAN HALEN fans cause to celebrate after revealing he's planning to regroup with his son, brother and frontman DAVID LEE ROTH to record new material.
The Van Halens and Lee Roth hit the road for a successful hits tour in 2007 and now the quartet is intent on releasing an album of new songs.
Guitar great Eddie Van Halen tells Spinner.com he plans to hit the studio with his son Wolfie, brother Alex and Lee Roth after his June (09) wedding to publicist Janie Liszewski.
He says, "I hope that after Janie and I get married, and Wolfie graduates, that we sit down and discuss recording new music, which I have tons of.
"If Dave's up for singing... then (we'll) do another tour, and just see where it takes us. Actually, next week or the week after Wolfie, Alex, and I are gonna start jamming. Maybe we'll give Dave a call and see what he's up to. He's off, always doing his own thing, and he checks in every now and then to see how we're doing."
http://www.pr-inside.com/van-halen-plans-new-material-r1038990.htm

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
... Dave's always off doing his own thing ... :yum:
That Dave is "Just a Gigolo" :yum: One of the few songs he did solo that was okay to listen to.