• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wisconsin Dells

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Any of you been there? I went around 25 years ago as a kid. It's still in the planning stages but that's the plan this summer in august. Gonna haul the camper down, pick up the gf on the way and spend about a week there. Will that be enough time? What's a must see attraction there? Anything that should be avoided?

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
We used to go there a lot. Haven't been there in a while but I always liked the Duck Boat rides but make sure you go to the original ones. Check out www.wisconsindells.com

Lots of good water parks if you like that.
Tommy Bartlett water show. May want to buy tickets for that soon.

A week will be good for length. We will go down for the day a lot but then we are two hours away.

Go carts are fun too.

Place to avoid with your gf going is the strip club. :hide:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yah..saw that thread but didn't really say too much about the Dells and more about cheese..lmao!!!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Groomer,

Wow where do I start... I have alot more experiance with the Lake Delton area than I care to addmitt. Your camping idea is ok, as this will let you do more parks than staying in the hotel at a particular park. Mt Olympus is where we always stayed so for lodging I cann't help you on that. The Mt Olympus park is the 2nd biggest, and the biggest is just south down the street south on the East side. I can not recall the name...Pick one one day and the other the next. Lots in both. The "origianal" Wis ducks also has a zip line for adults and kids. Very fun, 6 lines, toatling about a mile of length. But be prepared for $100 per head with any souvies involved, $80 without.

Skip the upside down white house, wast of money...Ripplies believe it or not up town is fun for the kids and family if you haven't been to one. Save if for a rainy day..

Prices are high, so be prepared to dive into your wallet a bit. There is a super Wall mart and several groccery stores if you wish to save by preparing your own meals. All the national restarant chains are there as well as some very talented local cheif's & resturants if you like higher end dining. Home made candy shops around every corner too! Spend some time walking the main drag at night and be surprised at what you might see....:shifty:

Beautifull State park campground NW of L. Delton, don't know what hook up they have, just drove through it once..

Ask me any thing and I will try and helpout...

Regards, Kirk

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
High way 12 North and South and high way 13 east and west...13 is where the steet were walking is the best, just East of the river bridge. Lots to do and see on this street, for shopping and eating. Noah's ark is the other really big theme park to check out on 12 East side. For eats Marley's was a family favorite, with a Jamacan based menue. They have a new location in the south part of #12 near I90. I suggest you pick up some of the local fliers preasant in racks in lobbies and at attractions, telling you of other local attractions, restarants ect..

Just drive these two streets for a few days and look around for what interests you. And don't go too far north on #13 or you might come across Wisconsin Dolls, A local "show" club...:brows: Actually Marley's old location is one too, just across from Mt Olympus..:whistling:Heck guys cann't help but noticing the signs can they?

You will have a great time if the weather holds and you keep a sunny attitude..:biggrin: Absolutely acers of flesh every where you look...Some of witch you wish you hadn't seen!:yum::yum: :sad:

Regards, Kirk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the info. This is still in the planning stages. We are deciding on what we want to see and what the kids will enjoy. (ages 9,8, and 6)

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Thanks for the info. This is still in the planning stages. We are deciding on what we want to see and what the kids will enjoy. (ages 9,8, and 6)

Kids? Hit the water parks. You can't go wrong. I bet even dad will enjoy them with their big tunnels and drops.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
MILF's mule man....:whistling:

Generational thing I guess.....:shifty:

For the youngest in your troup, it might be wise to take this into consideration as well. When my girls were there for the first time it was intimidating, and down right scarey....So go slow and pay lots of attention to the youngest. The others will be pulling you two other directions at once. It's a mighty big place and full of huge things to a little tike. There are also things to do for them as well. Find such a wading pool and make it your "base". This worked well for us. Then the older can go and do, but must come back to the youngest and you for more money!:wink:

Regards, Kirk.

Last edited:

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
I grew up about 30 miles from there. I wasted a considerable amount of my summers there....

The kids will have a blast (and so will you) at the water parks, especially Noah's Ark. It's easy to spend a day (or more) there. The ski shows are good and very entertaining. The original Ducks are a don't miss item.

You are on the right track doing the research and planning the trip ahead of time. It is easy to get overwhelmed once you are there. Stick to your plan (with a couple rain day contingencies).

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, the Dells didn't happen this summer as I was in the middle of moving. I still plan on going though. Just not sure when.

On another note. We are headed south down into Minnesota for the weekend to watch some dirt track racing in Hibbing. I'm driving down after work tomorrow to meet up with the parents and my son. We'll be traveling in their motorhome. Should be a nice weekend. Much deserved after 2 months of working my butt off from 7am till 10 at night 7 days a week. I'm beat and need a break.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Good that you take a break for yourself at times. Waiting for the cooler weather to get here so we can take the mini home away for a day or 2. Can't take the heat without running the a/c and that requires a hookup somewhere. I would much prefer to just go wherever we want and not be tethered to electric service.