• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

trivia 1/2/12

JenKennings

Occupant; CatBird Seat
SUPER Site Supporter
trivia 1/2/12
DID YOU KNOW...
Damascus, Syria, was flourishing a couple of thousand years before Rome was founded in 753 BC, making it the oldest continuously inhabited city in existence.
1. In which city was the famous black hole?
2. What’s the more common name for the disease, Rubella ?
3. What country links - Goa - Kerula - Assam - Bihar?
4. Which non alcoholic cordial is made from pomegranates?
5. Taken literally what should you see in a Hippodrome?
6. Who wrote the Man in the Iron Mask?
7. Which 1993 Disney film starred Bet Midler as a witch?
8. What 1991 film won best film, actor, actress, director Oscars?
(OMG – Was it REALLY 20 years ago ???)
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Billy Crystal played in one, and one only, Major league Baseball game against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
1. Calcutta
2. German Measles
3. India
4. Grenadine
5. Horses
6. Alexander Dumas
7. Hocus Pocus
8. Silence of the Lambs
TRUTH !!
BILLY SIGNED A ONE-GAME CONTRACT SO HE COULD PLAY IN A PRE-SEASON GAME !!
He was a “Yankee for a day” to celebrate his 60th birthday. (He wore #60.)
The team gave Crystal, a longtime Yankees’ fan, the opportunity to be the designated hitter and lead off in the first inning Thursday because of his ambassador-like role for baseball.
Crystal whacked himself in the helmet with his backswing, found his shoelaces and socks sabotaged and watched his team lose.
Oh, and the New York Yankees rookie struck out in his one and only at-bat as a big leaguer.
“It was the strangest, greatest moment of my life,” he said Thursday.
A day before his 60th birthday, the comedian, actor and Oscar host enjoyed every moment of the day he’d hoped for his entire life.
Talking ball with Yogi Berra and Reggie Jackson at the batting cage. Taking infield with Derek Jeter. Jogging in the outfield with Alex Rodriguez. Becoming a victim of clubhouse pranks. Getting a chance for the kind of hit he can’t find in Hollywood or on Broadway.
“I felt like a baseball player,” Crystal said. “I really hate to leave.”
He was DH for a day, getting one at-bat, and he was struck out.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I started off like gangbusters but faded badly at the end.

I got 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. I also knew T or C.