• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

son made me cry.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Back in February of this year my son unexpectedly become very ill...i wont go in to the details but i decided to take the option and to take off what turned out to be just over 2 months from work to give him my 100% in getting him well again...to which thankfully we did achieve and he made a full recovery.

being self employed allowed me to take off the time and just to help soften the blow my wife worked a few extra hours here and there so we did not have to dig in to any saving whilst this was ongoing.

during this time not only did me and my son work on physical rebuilding him but we also worked hard together in keeping on top of his course work for his education and restructured his life to make things easier for him.

the boy has done so good this year....back to full health,on top of his studies,holds down a good job and has an amazing girlfriend to which they are planning a future together he is 19 in a few months and i am so proud.

so here comes the bit i wanted to say....he has always thanked me for being there when he needed me most and i respect him for that and ask no more,the fact he his ok now is all the thanks i need...but this christmas he wanted to mark his thanks with a gift....he always knew i wanted a pocket watch but just never got round to buying myself one so he took it upon him to make sure i got one....little shit made me cry:hammer:

he knows i don't like Gold so opted for the sterling silver...comes with a very nice chain....to posh for me :yum::yum::yum:a very good maker and wow does it look good....this will easily stay at my side for the rest of my life.

thanks son...daddy loves you to.

Attachments

• 1033.jpg
    1033.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 126

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very nice Galvy. Congrats on having one fine son, and on conquering his illness and getting him back to 100%. Like you said, that is the best gift of all. :thumb:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Very nice Galvy. Congrats on having one fine son, and on conquering his illness and getting him back to 100%. Like you said, that is the best gift of all. :thumb:
I cant say it any better then Doc. But congrats again and thanks for sharing. :thumb:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I know those feelings, enjoy them, you'll never forget them!

Be proud!

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Very cool Galvi. Kids are the greatest accomplishment we can achieve and spending time with them is the best reward regardless of the circumstances. :thumb:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
great gift saying, 'thanks, Dad' for a great gift saying, 'i love my son'. sometimes we needn't say anything to hear each other loud & clear