• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

David Panama

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
This town ain't much to look at ! Spend 7 hours on a slow bus from Panama City getting here . Its better to fly , but I wanted to see the interior of Panama and now I have . Hotter than hell . I'm glad I am only here shopping for 2 days . The Mainland is so much different than the islands . It is actually brown here from no rain .
Tomorrow we get the shopping done than I am headed out as fast as possible to Bocas Del Toro . Other than being the 2nd largest city in Panama , I really do not know why anyone would want to live in David .
The good news is I picked up a Sealed box of Cuban Cohiba Cigars before leaving Panama City for $140. I could have bought them for less without the sealed box but , I plan to use the cigar box when it is empty as a jewelry box.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Good to hear from you Al. Keep us posted and pics when possible.:clap:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well ,you gotta love the prices here . Dinner for two== Seafood soup,Salads,Garlic bread, Steak Condon Blue,Steak in a garlic sauce ,with all the trimmings $23

Breakfast= 2 Ham and cheese omelletes, Corn cakes and the strongest fickin coffee in Latin America $8

Huge Lunch for 3= $12

Good thing I leave in the morning or I might get fat !LOL:yum::yum:

Shopping was an experience . Went to Price Smart (Costco), and about a dozen other places .Many stores assign you your own clerk to help you shop . Did you know the sale clerks test the lights blubs before you recieve them . Yep, they test each one :yum::smile:. All the lamps were removed from their packing boxes and checked for damage too .
The baby chickens cost 60 cents each and are sent with all the antibotics for their water ?????? Is that standard in the states ?? I have no idea as I never bought chickens before ???

Its all being crated up except for the chicks and sent by truck/ferry/boat to the house . The chickens get a special ride up front with the driver .lol

Just thought I would share a day in the life of shopping in Panama .

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Al
Watch for this spot. This is Boquete, taken from the road about 20 miles up the road from David.
Took that bus ride from PTY to David. You sure do see a lot of Panama, all for $12.50
Panama is beautiful.

Attachments

• 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 225

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al
Watch for this spot. This is Boquete, taken from the road about 20 miles up the road from David.
Took that bus ride from PTY to David. You sure do see a lot of Panama, all for $12.50
Panama is beautiful.
This was the first time I ever took the bus. This is the dry season and I was amazed how brown it was coming up from Panama City . I have traveled to David by bus from Bocas and its entirely different terrain .
Much more jungle . I spent a few days in Boquete a few years ago and it is indeed very pretty . I guess I am very spoiled on my island as I consider it the best Panama has to offer . I did like the cooler nights of Boquete though.
Tomorrow at 8AM we hit the road for Bocas . Decided to take a Taxi instead of the bus ,so we can relax and get there a bit faster . its a $100 bill and a 3 1/2 hour ride . Pretty cheap for a private cab ,I think .
I heard rumors that we already have internet at the house . I hope so because that means pictures tomorrow night .:flowers::w00t2::clap:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I hope so to, looking forward to some pics Al. Sure sounds like fun. Right now I could handle the heat easily!!!!!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I hope so to, looking forward to some pics Al. Sure sounds like fun. Right now I could handle the heat easily!!!!!!

Doc? Come on down . I just picked up 4 big bottles of Ron Abuelo Rum and 1 big bottle of Vodka .That should last at least through the weekend :w00t2::w00t2::yum::yum:.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc? Come on down . I just picked up 4 big bottles of Ron Abuelo Rum and 1 big bottle of Vodka .That should last at least through the weekend :w00t2::w00t2::yum::yum:.
I would love to!!!!!!! :thumb: :beer: