• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thinking About Going To Mexico?

BoneheadNW

I just read this article about how Mexico is trying to clean up the corruption at all levels of their law enforcement. This one picture says it all (read the caption).
Bonehead

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 110

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I just read this article about how Mexico is trying to clean up the corruption at all levels of their law enforcement. This one picture says it all (read the caption).
Bonehead
Mexico is not somewhere that I would want to visit now . We have friends who have homes further into the country and say it is not a problem unless you live along the border . I don't think I want to take the chance and I consider myself pretty adventurous (sp):unsure:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Like Allen, I won't be going to Mexico until there's some serious changes down there.

We had considered going to some quasi-Americanized places where Americans seem welcomed (Cabo, Acalpulco...) but decided to spend our time and money elsewhere.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I have no interest in visiting Mexico....

My Grandmother's brother was murdered there in the 50's and his wife arrested with no evidence and no representation and no trial. It took the intervention of the State Department to get her released.

A good buddy of mine was "accidentally" killed in Cancun when he somehow fell out of a hammock and rolled over the edge of the balcony of his hotel room - in his sleep. :confused:

norscaner

Mexico was one of the places we considered this winter. My wife was in Cozumel for a week this summer for a wedding and made some connections for a condo. She felt very safe there and at no time saw anything she thought to be of a criminal nature. On the other hand she just received news that her cousins exhusband had been shot ....execution style.... by drug dealers in a small town . He was a police chief.
As it turns out friends of ours wanted to travel this winter also and we decided to change plans and do a two week all inclusive in La Ramana Dominican Republic with them. This will be our fourth trip to the D.R. It is a very safe Island to visit. We are not the type to just stay inside the resort and have never had any problem with the locals.

So if anyone wants to go south and are considering either Puerto Plata , Punta Cana or La Ramana in the D.R. for a vacation and have any questions PM me and I may be able to answer your questions or put you in cantact with a few of the locals we have delt with.

Nor.