• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Big birds on backyard

Metsaman

When I last night went My bedroom and thinking go to bed I first take a look on window and see this...
Two big birds ( Common crane , Grus Grus) eating peacefully just behind My bedroom window, Common Crane is quite big bird and it is very great to see it so closely here I want to share this with You. :smile:

By the way here You see also what "middle night sun" looks because I take this video last night in 9:20 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnBsUi14Zd4

More about this bird in wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_crane

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Sometimes on the pond behind the house there will be a Blue Heron. If I don't scare him when I open the door. Very majestic looking birds. Two years in a row they have nested nearby and I can hear the babies squawking to get fed!

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the cranes are coming back here too the things are so noisy I can hear them over all the noise on construction sites when working on equipment. the other night my dog and boy had a blast chasing one around on the tundra they would get with in 25 feet and it would get up and fly away. the other night when I was working I had 2 dogs come back soaked after a few hours of chasing birds.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I watched this earlier today and enjoyed it very much.

When I lived further north in the state, I'd often see the blue herons flying near the river.
One time I spied one that had actually flown into a power line and wrapped itself around it.
Never knew they flew that high really.

Umberto

I have blue herons all over here and the Puyallup Res. has a big nesting rookery. I loved the storks when I traveled in France.

Metsaman

I watched this earlier today and enjoyed it very much.

When I lived further north in the state, I'd often see the blue herons flying near the river.
One time I spied one that had actually flown into a power line and wrapped itself around it.
Never knew they flew that high really.

Thank You, I am happy that you like. :flowers:

Here in Finland we don't have herons and this Cranes move in Africa when winter comes but is sign on spring and summer when see and hear this birds come...:clap:

Metsaman

the cranes are coming back here too the things are so noisy I can hear them over all the noise on construction sites when working on equipment. the other night my dog and boy had a blast chasing one around on the tundra they would get with in 25 feet and it would get up and fly away. the other night when I was working I had 2 dogs come back soaked after a few hours of chasing birds.

Cranes are very noisy birds, summer night I am waking up many times when they come My backyard eating and start to toot... 3.00 AM ... :ermm: