• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Imp Restoration

Back to work on the cat. Wiring complete and fuel system ran. Still have to finish fuel tank but 90% done. Started on exhaust also but very tight quarters but we will manage.

This is back to beginning of wiring
bth_NEWPHONE025_zps05623b6b.jpg

bth_NEWPHONE026_zps981167cd.jpg

bth_NEWPHONE028_zps669ceafb.jpg

NEWPHONE031_zps5a3930c4.jpg

NEWPHONE032_zpse86319a3.jpg

NEWPHONE042_zpsf6afa77f.jpg

This weekend i will finish fuel tank. And plumb radiator and transmission cooler. Hopefully finish the exhaust in the next week too. By the way it does run. And there are no engine codes. I will admit I was nervous after a full engine rewire.

Ok so its been awhile. I have gotten quite a bit done. Exhaust is done, cooling system is done. Trans cooler and fuel system are done(except gas tank) going to try to get a mount made this week for that. Then I have to add a couple resistor to eliminate a couple of emmissions codes the computer is giving. Which will leave a couple of interior panels to make and then it will be done.

I would like to put torsion axles on this eventually but the tracks are in great shape and I think I will run it this way for a while. I reached all of the springs and they seem to be holding well.

It does run and its quiet and smooth. I don't have a muffler on it yet and its already quieter than the original v4. Also you can see in one photo of the modified header that I cut the corner of the frame out, and welded in a half round piece to allow clearance to get the exhaust out.

Thanks Mike,

I reached them myself, the rears still had a good factory arch to them so I moved them to the front and then reached the rears. I think they will hold, if not they should only be temporary anyhow. I have been making and reworking everything I can myself. I made the throttle cable, and the kickdown cable. Which you can see in some of the pics. My brother and I make most of the parts in our shop. I hope in the next couple weeks it will be done. I am only spray painting it until we get all the mechanical kinks worked out. I will put a nice base / clear paintjob on it this summer. I don't want to worry about scratching paint if I have to take the cab back off.

d2doug

Nice,clean restoration you're doing there! I have had a weasel diff with a 240 hp V8 and a c-4 auto trans in my cat for 33 yrs now, with no problems at all. I use the highest quality transdraulic/wet brake fluid that I can get and it has served me well. The oil I use is made by Lubrical, Fort Worth, Texas. Best of luck with your project.

Thanks for the replies guys. The wiring has been a challenge but will be worth it. I drove it yesterday and it was a blast, it accelerates a little to quickly in my opinion. I am thrilled that I put an auto trans in. I still have to solder a couple of resistors in to eliminate a couple of engine codes but that should be easy. I will be working on it on Tuesday and Friday next week. will finish wiring on Tuesday.

Slow cat they are the factory size. I believe my tracks are a little tight they were rolled up for a year and a half. The belts are in pretty good shape, they will hold up until we do cab mods and torsion axles (wide track)!!

Ok we got a couple codes cleared with the use of resistors, have a couple more to work out but we will get them figured out. Made the door panels and am putting the finishing touches on my floor panel. I have also cut my kick panels, still have to make a panel for the ceiling and back wall. Put the front and rear cabs on and also am working on the fuel tank brackets.

sunday005_zps857e5f5d.jpg

The rear cab needs to be resheeted but that will be this summer along with body work. I still think I would like to make a cab modification but I want to work out the rest of the bugs first.
sunday009_zpsce66b49b.jpg

Had a successful test drive but the check engine light is still on.
sunday016_zps623dbdfa.jpg

Solution to getting rid of codes for missing solenoids.
sunday004_zps23febe35.jpg

Nice heavy sheet of aluminum to make the underseat panel.
sunday018_zpsafcd1797.jpg

sunday019_zpsc2f48f0e.jpg

The panel after cutting. There will be a second piece that will cover the underseat area of the driver side. That will make for easy access to the computer. And other wiring.
sunday021_zps778a3e12.jpg

This is after the bends were made. The shop bent the tails in the wrong direction so I had to cut them off and weld the sheet back together.

sunday022_zps03d9a4e5.jpg

You can see the seam this is before we welded it.
sunday023_zps4ce07837.jpg

sunday024_zpsb07f932a.jpg

sunday042_zps1aca0a1f.jpg

The six holes next to the shifter are for switches.
sunday044_zps3d705a92.jpg

I am carpeting the panels with a charcoal colored carpet.
sunday037_zpsa2059747.jpg

3/4 inch foam in the doors.
sunday027_zps2b31bc1e.jpg

Rivnuts hold the door panels and the floor pan in place.
sunday026_zps42c1b43e.jpg

1/4" Underlayment for door panels, its sturdy and light weight
sunday029_zpsd4959eae.jpg

Carpeting
sunday030_zps529a32db.jpg

sunday032_zps318c59dd.jpg

sunday031_zps0ff51b60.jpg

sunday033_zps6e80693c.jpg

sunday034_zps6b9e0abb.jpg

sunday035_zpsd89a58f3.jpg

sunday038_zpsb5ccb0fc.jpg

Thanks Nikson yes I am getting closer. Cat goes to exhaust shop on Monday. We are only having them make bends but I will do the installation. We are doing a vertical exhaust like many others do. I finished the underseat panel today and also built the sides of the dog house. The most unfortunate part of these projects is that you build it and when you are done its all together and then you take it all back apart for paint etc. I have to wire the additional switches next to the shifter which control the windshield wipers, dome light back up lights etc.

monday002_zps8a0950ff.jpg

monday003_zpsf2f0b513.jpg

monday006_zps79888bd0.jpg

monday008_zps991f7732.jpg

The passenger side of the doghouse is two pieces for ease of removal.
monday013_zps2ca99eee.jpg

monday015_zps972a8150.jpg

The bends aren't perfect but I am happy with them for using a press hammer and angle iron.
monday016_zpse62d86da.jpg

I have to carpet this panel yet. The opening in the center will have a hinged door over it for access to the computer relays and fuses. The second fuse panel you see here I just added it is for comfort features and accessories. They are fuses for the six switches and a cigarette lighter.
monday017_zpse5c331cd.jpg

monday019_zpse8cd3010.jpg

monday021_zpsfaf607e5.jpg

I hope to build the top of the dog house on Friday before I take all of the interior back out for carpet paint and final wiring. I still have to solder some resistors in the harness and will do that while we are finishing interior panels. I still have to make a ceiling panel and a panel for the back wall. I would like to continue with the dark carpet for all of the panels and black rubber down in the footwells.

PrecisionMarine

Superb job with your upgrade/restoration. Great acceleration in the video.. makes me realize again how underpowered my 1402 Wisconsin 30hp is.

Thank you! The restoration is not complete. I will remove the cab and the nose piece. I will re sheet the cab and POR 15 the cab frame work and inside of the nose piece. I have a 2'x4' RV window I want to cut in for the rear window. I am thinking I will then take the cab and nose to line x once the new sheeting is on and have them spray it orange. I want it to look nice but need to get the function first! I want to go with the line x so I don't end up crying when we drive it through brush.

The cat has about 100 more hp than stock so she really gets up and goes. I added approximately 150 lbs with new engine and trans. so the power to weight ratio is fantastic.

Thanks Again
anthony

Ha thanks Jask! Spryte improvement stocks them!!

I think that for my purposes they should really hold up we wont be towing or anything.

Nikson

Do you know what would cause my videos to white out? I try to post them right on the page but they go white when you try to play them.

Thanks