• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

J5 Rebuild Progress

buster

Plugging along with my J5 project. Its starting to look somewhat like it should. Everyone thinks I should be done by now but few realize the work and time it takes. Hope to have it done by this fall for use then. Here's a few pics of where I am at this point.

Attachments

• IMG_2735.jpg
    IMG_2735.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 741
  • IMG_2741.jpg
    IMG_2741.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 744
  • IMG_2742.jpg
    IMG_2742.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 739
  • IMG_2743.jpg
    IMG_2743.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 743
  • IMG_2745.jpg
    IMG_2745.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 742

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Looks great ! Are those stainless steel bolts on the diff cover ?

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
As the folks above (nice Work!) I am new to this sickness and appreciate the photos to see what is possible.

Mike

J5 Bombardier

Looking good Buster , looks like your well on the way to having her ready for the fall . Very nice !
J5 Bombardier

buster

Thanks for all the encouragement. No the diff cover bolts are just zinc plated.
It will be a few weeks before I can get back to work on it. This is shutdown season where I work.

snowbird

Looks like a fun project. I know nothing about J5s, but hopefully there's a shield over the drive shaft (since it appears to be about where pant legs or shoelaces could get caught).

buster

Yes, there is a guard that covers the drive shaft. I haven't built it yet but it will be heavy duty and my gear shift lever will be mounted to it.

Lia

Banned
Coming along beautifully. Blue isn't my favorite color, personally, but this satin creamy sky blue looks gorgeous. Excellent work... :smile:

eastcoasternl

Hello all new to the forum and I found all of the rebuilds on here and Buster's project especially very interesting keep up the good work every one. Buster I was wondering if you have any more pictures of your project, please post some more.

the old trucker

Welcome on board my son. Where abouts on the rock are you from ?? I live in Pasadena. A friend of mine lives in South Branch & has 5 J5's rebuilt.

OT.

eastcoasternl

Thanks old trucker very much appreciated, I know that fellow, i am from around that area also, small world it is. Interesting site this is

Last edited: