• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Master Restoration ~ by Snowcat Operations

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Re: Pressure washed the engine compartment.

I find these units very simple to work on. Yes it is not as easy as a regular car lauout but damn close. Putting it back together I dont think is the hard part. The hard part is to make a commitment and then stick to it. Come hell or high water this unit will be the best damn Snow Master to EVER see the snow! Thanks for all the help. I will need more.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter

Snowcat Operations said:
Come hell or high water this unit will be the best damn Snow Master to EVER see the snow!

Hmmmm...... :rolleyes: Kinda sounds like a challenge was just throw out there . I may have to go dig around in my old yard sale stuff and see if I have a old Snow Master to putter on .

So what your saying is your either going to drown or go to hell to get it done ??? Man ,that seems kinda harsh .

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Having rebuilt some dozen plus Snow Cats, primarily Snow Trac but also a few Bombardier's and a few Tuckers I have found them easy to reassemble, slightly tougher to dissassemble and a REAL BEAR to clean! Question of the Week: If Kristy's are such great machines why did they DIE OUT? and then there's the issue about Iceland:A hundred surviving ST4's and NO Kristy? whats with that? And what about this world famous Musher in Fairbanks that uses his sled dog to pull around his Kristy for a work out? I can just see Al now"Them's fighting words", your up.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter

Thanks LYNDON! Coming from you that means alot. Now I know it will be how I thought it was going to be in putting this thing back on the snow! Yes by far the hardest thing bellieve it or not is the cleaning! Every thing else has been real straight forward and simple to this point. Having this forum has been a HUGE help! And BigAl anytime you want to build a Snow Master and have a build off challenge let me know!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter

Hey Lyndon ,

Did you feel the earth quake last night at 11:17 PM cause that was when I read this :eek: !!!

I can see as a young person you need a history lesson ,and I sonny , am about to give you one :mad: .

The word Kristi originates from ancient Greek and means “Really cool Snow Cat” in Latin :thumb: .

Oh Yea ,Them old Greeks were always saying stuff to one another like “That is a nice Kristi you have there ,Zaricuss“ . Now this was before the big quake of 5007BC and Atlantis fell in the ocean and the snowy Greek Alps collapsed and all them Greeks became fishermen . That’s why they had the sled drawn Kristi’s that were pulled by dogs back then .That is why ,to this day you still see the word “KRISTI” written across the stern of their boats . It is out of respect .

That old boy up in Alaska probably still has one of the first ones and doesn’t realize it .What a fool ! It is worth a fortune !

Anyway …. Where was I ….Oh yea … Kristi’s were the Cadillac of snow travel back then. . Every cave man wanted one but it cost like 50 rubles , 10 flying thingamabobs , and a good women .

That is why you do not see any in Iceland ,as they ran out of women and thingamabob’s and could not afford them .Ever wonder why there are hardly any people in Iceland ???? HELLO ???? NO WOMEN :boobies: !!!!! DUH !!!

But I am getting ahead of myself about 2 million years .

Did The Kristi “die out” as you state . Not really …. The serious Snowcatters know where to find then and most dumped their old “Rust Bucket Snow Trac's” on some poor Icelander , a cornfield in Indiana or a knucklehead in Ely Nevada :smileywac OH yea … Now there’s a smart one !!!!

That is why you still find them today in Iceland . Did you ever wonder why there is always a hole under the drivers seat ???? Its because the Icelanders turned them into something useful !!!! A traveling outhouse !!! If it looks like sh#t, drives like sh#t and smells like sh#t it is proably a Snow Trac !:toilet:

And lastly the term “I coulda had a Kristi”???? originates from Snow Trac owners everywhere who have muttered those words after being saved , countless times from impeding death and destruction when attempting to leave their garage in the poorly built Snow Trac .

I find it shameful that a man of your travels and brains would be so unaware of this :( . Next you will be telling me that you had “No Idea” that the ancient Aztecs were into bungee jumping and that is why they no longer exist . Come on Man ! Read a history book and learn something useful !!! For cryin out loud !

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter

Snowcat Operations said:
Thanks LYNDON! Coming from you that means alot. Now I know it will be how I thought it was going to be in putting this thing back on the snow!

:yum: :yum: :yum:
Well see.....:yum: :yum: :yum:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter

HhhMMmmm Seems like someone is suffering from Trying to reassemble that POS Kristi air intake system and wishing HE had a Snow Master! Come on BigAl If you had a Snow Trac it would have been done buy now! Hell it would have been ready for last winter! I bet you will give up on that Krapy and get a real Snow Master or Trac! I will even bet some money on it.

:D

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter

And whoever is walking on that hood by the front window had better not let me catch him doing it again !!! I am a body and paint man not a
miracle worker . I may have to warm up a few hides over that !!!:mad: :mad:

I AGREE! It was like that when I bought it. Oh well it has been an absolute great machine with hardly no work to speak of. I cant complain.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter

Today the rubber deck matts and trim will be removed. I will wait on removing the dash until I get it up to Grass Valley. The cab needs to come off for that. Well at least the front half according to LYNDON. Thanks Lyndon. I will need to have a special wheel adaptor fabricated up. The adaptor I bought with my new steering wheel will not work. Is that tapered and keyed steering wheel shaft a stock VW configuration?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter

Snowcat Operations said:
I bet you will give up on that Krapy and get a real Snow Master or Trac! I will even bet some money on it.

Mikey,mikey,,mikey
….:pat:

Now you know that would not be fair of me to take your money like that . You also know that KT7 is going to get completed and “fly like the wind” very soon .

I am just taking my time and turning it into the “Fire breathing,Ass Kicking, Snow Trac belching” killer machine that has always been possible .:thumb:

She just needed someone to do it right and that someone is me . Yes I know ,I am modest but the truth hurts . You also know that I am a perfectionist and it has to be completed in a just and proper way . It is a Kristi KT7 ,not some old “Rust bucket Snow Trac”. :moon:

I will eventually get around to showing you and old Lyndon how a Snow Trac should be restored correctly . Bob S. thinks they are for farm use . Hell, he does not even have any brakes . But I guess if it is broke down most of the time ,you don’t need any .:StickOutT

So you and Bob and Tommo and Lyndon just keep thinking you got something . I’ll be along soon enough to give each of you a little slice of humility pie . :puke1:

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

They use St4's to groom the Iditirod and as emergency vehicles along the route. Sick puppies get a delux "free ride". I once had a team of Huskies tied to my ST4, but it was only used as a "Hitchin Post" for a few minites while we used another ST4 to mash down the route so that the dog teams could get thru. And until I see that "KRUSTY" actually run, My Trac Master will still be " the King of Snow Cats ". Here's a challenge Al: Meet you at the "I Did A DOG" Cafe, in the town of Iditirod. It's a real place, but you'll need to pack some extra gas beside the all that 'Hor Air'. We'll have a Team of Huskies ready to pull you home waiting and ready to go!

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Volcano's this morning?

Mt St. Hs.jpg Mt St. Helens was looking good, but no there wasn't any noticable or "Krusty" seisemic activity this morning.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter

Lyndon said:
They use St4's to groom the Iditirod and as emergency vehicles along the route. Sick puppies get a delux "free ride". I once had a team of Huskies tied to my ST4, but it was only used as a "Hitchin Post" for a few minites while we used another ST4 to mash down the route so that the dog teams could get thru. And until I see that "KRUSTY" actually run, My Trac Master will still be " the King of Snow Cats ". Here's a challenge Al: Meet you at the "I Did A DOG" Cafe, in the town of Iditirod. It's a real place, but you'll need to pack some extra gas beside the all that 'Hor Air'. We'll have a Team of Huskies ready to pull you home waiting and ready to go!

:laugh:
:yum:

Hey BigOld full of HOT AIR
I
Do
believe Lyndon
JUST
gave you
the​

:finger1:
:loser:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter

BigAl said:

Mikey,mikey,,mikey
….:pat:

Now you know that would not be fair of me to take your money like that . You also know that KT7 is going to get completed and “fly like the wind” very soon .

I am just taking my time and turning it into the “Fire breathing,Ass Kicking, Snow Trac belching” killer machine that has always been possible .:thumb:

She just needed someone to do it right and that someone is me . Yes I know ,I am modest but the truth hurts . You also know that I am a perfectionist and it has to be completed in a just and proper way . It is a Kristi KT7 ,not some old “Rust bucket Snow Trac”. :moon:

I will eventually get around to showing you and old Lyndon how a Snow Trac should be restored correctly . Bob S. thinks they are for farm use . Hell, he does not even have any brakes . But I guess if it is broke down most of the time ,you don’t need any .:StickOutT

So you and Bob and Tommo and Lyndon just keep thinking you got something . I’ll be along soon enough to give each of you a little slice of humility pie . :puke1:

:stroke:
What ever!​

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter

Nah I know you will make it as good as it can possibly be. Thats still not saying much since it is a Kristy after all! But you can only do so much with what you have at hand. The real test will be this comming December when Bob "the crayon eater" and Lyndon "the walking Encyclopedia" and I "Mighty Mike" come up to STOMP on some type of new fangled snowcat hot tub!

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

If us Snow Trac and Snow Master guys (and Gals) stick together we have the "Krusty" crowd seriously out numbered! whats a Krusty anyway, just a modified bobsled? One that someone mistaked for a REAL snow machine. I don't think there's a hunter in the whole state of alaska who would be caught dead in one.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter

Lyndon said:
If us Snow Trac and Snow Master guys (and Gals) stick together we have the "Krusty" crowd seriously out numbered! whats a Krusty anyway, just a modified bobsled? One that someone mistaked for a REAL snow machine. I don't think there's a hunter in the whole state of alaska who would be caught dead in one.

Oh sure . There are more Snow Tracs around . They need then for parts machines .:yum:

You guys may want to see if you can get some of that English Snow Trac crowd headed this way too ,for our little meet . I am a little more snow catter than some "weaked knee LMC owner" and I like to wipe my Arse<-( English for ASS) on a snow Trac'er every morning right after my "morning constitutional":toilet: . On second thought you Brits might want to stay home and protect your honor . It won't be pretty ....

In fact ,you Snow Trac'ers better bring a whole case of "Whup Ass" if your even remotely are thinking of going to come up against me .:beer:

So lets see here ..... 1 superior Kristi owner , 22 Snow Trac owners of various shape and sizes of smart mouth , and 1 LMC owner who is still trying to figure out what he has ...... Yea ,thats about right :5boobs: . Sounds to me like the odds are stacked heavy in my favor .:thumb:

I would even pay for the trophy that says "#1 BOSSCAT" on it for the winner , but that is like buying a gift for myself .:rolleyes:

Oh and LYNDON .... That would be a "Modified Bobsled on steroids".

"Kristi , the #1 manly snow cat machine for real men and the women who love them"

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Re: Steering column today

Here are a few more pictures. The style of steering wheel colum is pre 1967 bus. It has a tapered end with a single keyway (NO SPLINES). Wish I had these pictures before. So maybe it will help someone else who is looking to replace there steering wheel.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 447
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 434
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 442

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Re: Steering column today

Hey Mike , Bring that new steering wheel with you . I got a guy out here that can make it work just fine . You need something on that snow trac that looks better than my Kristi .

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

BigAl said:
So lets see here ..... 1 superior Kristi owner , 22 Snow Trac owners of various shape and sizes of smart mouth , and 1 LMC owner who is still trying to figure out what he has.
And one honorary KKK member (who's job seems to be the guy to buy & deliver the beer). :whistle:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter

Yes that is so true . But since that other member was forcefully removed from the membership:mad: and I have to continually defend the honor of the club ,that only leaves you :whistle: . But you can drive my KT7 when you come out .:17875:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter

Forcefully removed???? Uhmmm lets get the facts straight. First I was the ONLY one to buy the beer! You guys Drank 99.99% of it when I went to get the Pizza! Then after I brought the Pizza back which I paid for I had to go and get mre beer which I had also paid for. Then when I came back again you guys had eat the entire pizza and left me the crusty ass ends! Thats when I walked away and left you guys saying I would be back with some hard liquir. You got pissed and called me on my cell phone and asked what was taking so long. Thats when I told you to go jump in YOUR lake. I quit! No I left for my well being of my bank account and my stomach. :pat: Getthe facts straight BigAl!:pat:

:yum:
:moon:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter

Oh yah and you ate my entire jug pickled Pigs feet! Not cool man not cool.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter

Snowcat Operations said:
Oh yah and you ate my entire jug pickled Pigs feet! Not cool man not cool.

Ok ???? So whats your point ??? The damn things things tasted awful and I had Mikey gas for a week . Had to bring the dog in the house so I could blame him:fart2: . The damn dog still growls and tries to bite me every time I walk by him . Stupid dog...

And if your dumb enough to leave pizza or beer and go to town ,you have nobody but ypourself to blame . Damn ...I am glad we kicked him out . He is such a whiner .

Meeting adjourned

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
How to remove windshield wiper arms.

HELP!

I know this sounds real dumb BUT I cannot get my windshield wiper arms off! I have removed the allen key but the arms will not pop off. If I try any harder I am afraid I will bend or worse break something. Any ideas?????

:pat:
:confused2:

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Re: How to remove windshield wiper arms.

You need to lift them from underneath with a flat bladed screwdriver. I would gently pry up from the side that is 180 degrees opposite the arm itself. If the arm points at 3 o'clock, then you pry up at 9 o'clock. The end of the arm is on a splined shaft and it is a very tight fit. There is a special tool made for removing windshield wiper arms, but I have never used anything other than a screwdriver.. Junk...

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter

If you can get to the underside, spray some rust buster (panther pee) to help lubricate and loosen the splines and stud shaft of the wiper arm. That is what that little red nozzle taped to the can is used for....:whistle: Good luck as with many older rusted things like this it is much easier said than done.....:thumb: You always have the hammer option!!!!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter

Thanks guys,
I have been soaking them all night. Will try again later today. I wasnt sure there were splines inside since you cant see anything and they pivot like on a ball socket. BUT after thinking about it there must be splines. I will try the screw driver bit too.