• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

602 Restore

dlmorindds

SUPER Site Supporter
Ace Radiator in Sheridan. They can do what you want done at a reasonable price.....

Billy--thanks. I just drove by their shop the other day and saw that they do gas tanks. I had them do my radiator and heater core already. When I there this spring they had a radiator off a piece of mining equipment the measured 15 ft x 15 ft.....awesome for Sheridan:w00t2:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Yea! I'm thinking we're a little light on the photos!
I think we're all going into withdrawal with the completion of the Weatherby 601... so we're going to need your 602 to fill the void...and SnowOps 4T10! Bar has been set so high... big snow shoes to fill! Until... hmmm... whatever's next for the Weatherby... ??? ;)
Then we'll be spoiled...have a 4T10 going... a 602... and ???????.
It's going to be a good year of photos!!!!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Im itching to get back home and get started on checking the drive train. In the mean time the 602 build is keeping me from withdrawls........

dlmorindds

SUPER Site Supporter
Finally got the guts up to cut the guts out---OUCH:w00t2:
phpSMLrS0PM.jpg

php5bgKUmPM.jpg

phpSF4f5APM.jpg

dlmorindds

SUPER Site Supporter
Along the way somebody cut an extra window in the back of the cat. As you all can see, it was a real piece of work. De-skinned the back of the cat so I can get it back to the original two window design
phpldjPc2PM.jpg

phpIIODowPM.jpg

phpRGDDNjPM.jpg

dlmorindds

SUPER Site Supporter
The cat had a powder fender on the rear of the bed that had some serious abuse along the way. Here are the initial photos of the re-fabrication of the fender:brows:
php9PI9HqPM.jpg

phpBmH1LWPM.jpg

weatherby

Along the way somebody cut an extra window in the back of the cat. As you all can see, it was a real piece of work. De-skinned the back of the cat so I can get it back to the original two window design
View attachment 43276

View attachment 43277

View attachment 43278

Dan....what do you mean?? I think that window looks GREAT, I think it might even be factory .....:yum::yum:

Seriously though.....your doing a fine job, I bet you can't wait to re-wire that dash.

I've been looking in the background of all your pics, and I don't see that 4VL yet.... What taking so long?????????:whistling:

dlmorindds

SUPER Site Supporter
Dropped the rebuilt engine today...still cleaning up the Borg Warner T98. Should get the tranny painted this week:clap::clap:
php0C5sTOPM.jpg

phpTcUtqkPM.jpg

phpCZRrh1PM.jpg

phpptwX3mPM.jpg

phpxcevqvPM.jpg

weatherby

NOW that's what I'm talkin bout......pics, pics pics, Boy that looks nice, VERY nice:thumb:

I been looking in the background of those pics again, but I JUST CAN"T SEE that 4VL I just know it's there...somewhere, I see the 4T10... but no 4VL:biggrin:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Really looking sweet DLM. Very nice... nice to see some funky colors... that orange looks... well, I'd guess it to be something like an Orange Crush or something really saucy like that, eh? ;) The background and foreground are all coming together nicely... Powersports galore... a 'factory-like clean smell' that you could practically build Pallets in... and even some low-cost labor thrown in for good measure!

I don't think I've seen a photo with so much crammed into it yet... a 4T10, a 602, and a Kubota tractor...all within arm's reach. Very, very nice! Very, very orange! ;)
I'd like to see some orange chain too please if you don't mind...always match the sox too. ;)
Like Weatherby, I can just smell a 4V lurking... and I can just smell the oil from the NC machine of a 'Thiokol Enthusiast' badge in the milling...

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Looking great Dan!!! :clap:

You must of decided to stay home this weekend and work on your project instead of heading to the cabin. Lots of new snow this past week. The Hazelton Road to your gate is mostly snow packed now with another storm for tonight and tomorrow......:smile:

dlmorindds

SUPER Site Supporter
Looking great Dan!!! :clap:

You must of decided to stay home this weekend and work on your project instead of heading to the cabin. Lots of new snow this past week. The Hazelton Road to your gate is mostly snow packed now with another storm for tonight and tomorrow......:smile:

Billy--Thanks! Had the 4T10 up to the cabin on Saturday. I was impressed at the grooming somebody did all the way past my gate. Had at least 6" going into Poison Creek. Beautiful sunny weather. Sorry I missed you:mellow:
phpgcDb6WPM.jpg

phpOA0FAxPM.jpg

phptiEZJrPM.jpg

phpI0zwkBPM.jpg

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Cool!!!!!! Nice pics of your snow cat.

As I mentioned Friday we had our Buffalo snowmobile club ride from the Hazelton parking area over Powder pass through Gold Mine road and down to Rome Hill road intersection on Saturday. At that point we met the Worland snowmobile club at a cabin for a prime rib dinner. It took me 3 hours to get the Buffalo club from the parking area to the cabin via the deep snow for the dinner. That is why I missed you on Saturday as I was the sponsor and leader of the ride.

We groomed the trail for the return ride back down Hazelton road to the highway which we hope to do more in the future. Here are pics of what the higher mountain areas had in store for us along with why it took 3 hours to cover less than 20 miles.... Deep, Deep snow that took its toll on even the big high horsepower long track mountain sleds.... I think everyone was stuck at one time or another..... Great fun.... Wish we would of had a snow cat to break trail...lol.... It would of been real tough on even a snow cat with the steep hill climbs and going off small cornices we were forced to do to open a trail across the top while submarining through 3+ foot of new powder with wind drifts 5+ foot on top.....wonderful Wyoming bottomless dry powder snow......

In the first pic I was stuck along with two other sleds just out of camera view to the left and the group was waiting on us to get out. There are sleds under the riders in the second pic...somewhere!!!
P3200056.jpg

P3200062.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
that's awsom looks like snowmaster terratory a a krusty would've been stuck waiting for a st to pull him out

dlmorindds

SUPER Site Supporter
So a few random pictures--rebuilding the steering master cylinders, going through the parking brake, and the re-hab of the heater with new wiring and new heater core:brows:

Cylinderrebuild.jpg

php6cB7HFPM.jpg

phpfbVtcvPM.jpg

phpRossjjPM.jpg

phpEaXChZPM.jpg

phpeFyvLJPM.jpg

weatherby

Your doing a fantastic job Dan,:thumb: Those pics bring back fond memories, I'm getting a little teary-eyed just looking at them.
Are you using Por-15 on anything ?

e2spear

What is the average time most people put in to a rig restoring them? I am talking about the people who really work on them, not the guy who started it 10 years ago.

dlmorindds

SUPER Site Supporter
What is the average time most people put in to a rig restoring them? I am talking about the people who really work on them, not the guy who started it 10 years ago.

I think it really depends on what you are doing and how much you know. For instance, the 602 I am doing is my first true from the bottom up restoration. I am doing this just for the shear pleasure and satisfaction of doing the job absolutely right. There is no pace clock or time restraint. I work on it a bunch and then sometime it sits for awhile. At time much energy goes into the scavenger hunt for correct parts and just trying to figure out what to do to make a 48 year old machine "right". I know weatherby would have some comment on this post since he just set the ultimate bar height for a awesome 601 restoration. Currently, I am one year into the 602. I am basically done with the frame and engine and am well into the body/cab. Could go faster but why:w00t2:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

a full ground up restore is very time consuming. I have been approached by several collectors to restore some of their machines and the bottom line is
it takes time to do it right. off course it depends on what you start with if you do not need to recreate panels and parts helps. engine are pretty straight forward. and then if you choose to job out things like paint and blasting you can have time to work on other things at the same time. (engine, tranny,Differential, Etc. ) if go at it alone it always takes longer. tracks by yourself are no fun. it can be done. 500-600 man hours minimum. so then if you try to get it done at a shop and paid a shop rate you better plan on keeping it a long time.

Size of machine is a factor also a little machine like a Bombardier Bombi takes less.....

dlmorindds

SUPER Site Supporter
Got a couple things done today. First, deskinned the driver's side door due to excessive getting bunged up. Frame is in good condition. Will get the new skinned cut here this week. Got a little glimpse of the partially complete tranny:whistling:
phpIeYFppPM.jpg

phpOOAbYePM.jpg

dlmorindds

SUPER Site Supporter
Okay you guys I need some advice--I have this frick'n monster of a gas tank, needs to go to the tank shop for a make over, needs sand blasting and a paint job and it needs a new sending unit. Do I do the rehab or get a spanky shiny new diamond plate one??---and if I get a new one how does that work with the sending unit and the old original fuel gauge:confused:

Also, here is a pick of the weather stripping on the doors. I think it would be original since it was part of the riveting process. Any ideas on suppliers??:hammer:
phppRdiHrPM.jpg

php0GtqUGPM.jpg

phpoCGjF2PM.jpg