• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

One horsepower snowcat

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ok you Snowtrac owners ! When was the last time you saw a snowcat with a "1" horepower engine that could haul 4 people in comfort . This is my secret weapon when I need to "out class" a few Snow Trac owners who think they have all the bells and whistles on their snowcats .I really do have the bells and whistle . Enjoy and stop by for a ride .
Big Al

Attachments

• Our sleigh.jpg
    Our sleigh.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 403

Tommo

SUPER Site Supporter
Hi folks,

The name is Tommo and iv'e just joined some 1 1/2 hours ago and think this site is what i have been searching for, for a long time now, it's bloody great!!

I live in Plymouth, Devon,UK and would like to know whether there is a UK club for the snow trac and if so how i can get in Comms with them.

Where can i get a Snow trac from in the UK and how much would one go for in running condition that may need TLC etc? I would like to speak to and meet up with any British owners of Snow trac's with the intention of starting a small scale club if there isn't one already up and running.

Are there any good web sites that show rebuilds and lots of articles on restorations with photos so i can see the difference between the old and young models that are out there. Hopefully i will find one in the UK and be able to purchase it for say.......but hay who know's? I'd like to take it to the War and peace show here in the UK and general county shows etc.

If any of you fine gentlemen can help me out with my quest like Mith and Ice queen please get in Comm's with me as soon as possible.

Keep up the good work guys and i look forward to chatting to you all why i sit here in Baghdad doing my body guard bit for the cause!!

Tommo

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tommo, welcome, but I'm sorry to say that I know of no Snow Trac clubs anywhere in the world. At one time there was a Snow Trac club here in the USA run by a guy named Lyndon. I have tried contacting him several times but to no avail. I know of a few Snow Trac owners in England who frequent this site. Ice Queen recently purchased a Snow Trac, she lives in Wales, but based on your post I suspect you've already figured that out. Wreckerman, is somewhere in the UK, he has an open top Snow Trac, and I believe he might consider selling his. His is a military version which includes some interesting features.

As for websites, honestly you have found the best one! This site has more Snow Trac information than all the other sites combined. There are 2 dedicated sites, one is run by Christer Moreland in Sweden, his is the best dedicated Snow Trac site, but it has not been updated in a year or more. Another dedicated site is run by one of our members, but it really is just an introctuction page with some photos. I'm sorry, but I'm not on my computer now so I can't provide you the URL addresses to either site, but perhaps someone else will be able to post those.

Are you a private body guard in Bagdahad or are you with a branch of the military? I've had some of my employees over there, one was stationed just west of the city. I also had one in Kabul, Afghanistan.

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Tommo, g'day mate!

Snowtrac opps posted this thread a little while ago, military trac for sale in the UK, PM him for more info if ya want. Its kinda pricey for my budget y'know :eek:

Later

Tommo

SUPER Site Supporter
Bob, i'm a private soldier and yes i was in Kabul at the US embassy and are now back to Baghdad again where i've been for the last two years moving here and there and not staying in one place for to long if i can help it.:pat:

I need to get back so i can find me a Snow trac to restore along with my Ferguson T20 tractor, Austin A30 car and Scout ah1 helicopter........Boys and there toy's huh!!:thumb:

Will look at the info you have sent:beer:

Tommo

SUPER Site Supporter
Hi Mith,

What is the price of the snow trac and have you spoke to him?
:beer: Tommo

Tommo

SUPER Site Supporter
:tiphat: Sorry...........Girls and there large collection of miltary toys is probably more like it i guess!! It's funny when some one said they would like a ferret, i to was looking for one but thought the Snow trac was a little bit more fun and odder!

If i can help you with your restoration to an Artic camouflage type let me know as i have a lot of knowledge on the subject and might be able to get you some photos of the vehicles in operation in Northern Norway to help you on your way.:wave: