• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Most Beautiful Knives Ive Seen Yet!

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
many of them cost more than I gross in a week.
some of them more than my monthly take home.

dzalphakilo

Banned
if I ever decide to spend beaucoup amounts of $$ on a knife I would only carry for dress purposes (BBQ knife?) it'll probably be one of this guy's...

Nice knives but I have no clue as to how he picks his distribution.

I checked local dealers in my area for his product, and I came up with a Jewlery shop and a tractor store (only two places within a 50 miles).

Honestly, not a place where I'm looking for a knife.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
you had distributors within 50 miles? there are 2 in the entire state of Kansas. (and one is a jewelry store)

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
You guys can have them - even in a "BBQ Knife" I wouldn't want but minimal, if any engraving on the blade. It looks like the RES line does follow that logic on the ones shown and couple too from William Henry, but they still don't quite strike me.....I must be too simple to appreciate the concept of a "BBQ knife."

A good knife needs to be tough enough to stand in as a screwdriver, sharp enough to castrate pigs, and polished enough that later in the day a couple wipes across the pant leg and you can eat an apple with it! :mrgreen:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
A good knife needs to be tough enough to stand in as a screwdriver, sharp enough to castrate pigs, and polished enough that later in the day a couple wipes across the pant leg and you can eat an apple with it! :mrgreen:

that would be my plain, black, $30 Ontario RAT folder - which I also use to mortise hinge slots. ;)

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Ontario RAT folder

:thumb:

I still carry an Uncle Henry that's withstood many years of service, but unfortunately Schrade died in 2004 only to be reincarnated in China, so if I manage to destroy this one, I'll need to be looking a different route.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
I used to carry a spyderco wayne goddard, but the lock loosened up to the point where it's not safe for most of what I do to - er - with a knife...Schrade as a name is not the same knife, but there are a couple of companies that bought the leftover parts to produce under a different name and someone else bought all the tooling and is in production. (just not as inexpensive)

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We had a guy join Net Cooking Talk this week who sharpens Japanese knives. In one post he said when you get your khife back from him sharpening it, all you have to do is shake the bag and it will cut its way out. :eek: He's shared some cool pics too.
Here is the link to one of his posts:
http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=627