• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

electric over hydraulic steering

dpaulson

Hi Tim

The grousers were welded right on the machine. I think that they will not work very good for summer use. My muskeg would only be used in the snow.

Chip

Hello Y'all, I missed a few days' posts- been awol. Nice to see more muskegs. I don't have a blade at his point, but I mounted a three point hitch logging winch on the back which works pretty slick-

Pixie- thanks for posting the photo of your hitch. I need to hitch my trailer at about the same height as yours (20" - 24") under the winch. I hadn't thought to hang it from the channel iron, I'll have to see if I have clearance behind my winch, Did you bolt or weld it to the floor pan sloping down under the machine?

Attachments

• 3-11-10 019crpemail.jpg
    3-11-10 019crpemail.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 276

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Did you bolt or weld it to the floor pan sloping down under the machine?

Hi Chip. Great to see a picture of your machine :clap: And it's green :w00t2:

The answer: neither. The flat, horizontal piece of steel just pushes against the ridge that is made by the sloping floor pan. It would be easy to either bolt or weld for extra strength.

Dpaulson, it looks like it took quite a bit of patience to make and attach all those snowbars !

Chip

Hi Pixie, Yep, green is good; doesn't excite the neighborhood dogs AND it camouflages me when I drive across the lawn so I don't get blamed for tearing it up. :whistling:

timandkim

back to the original question has anyone heard from boggie im still looking for a electric over hydraulic steering solution .

e2spear

The company I work for is a Monarch Hydraulics distributor and we sell many different models. The weak part of elec / hyd is over use. They have a very short duty cycle and can get over used and burn out.
What valves do you need? Single acting, double acting, how many seperate circuits?

timandkim

thats the problem i dont know what i need , i heard boggie had a system that would work but he not home . i would like to buy a complete system ready to bolt on .
tim

timandkim

my steering doesn look like that so im guessing mine is manual steering there is no hydraulics on the steering . im still hoping to here from boggie about his electric over hydraulic system .

Chip

Tim, I don't know how expensive Boggie's setup is (I'm sure it works nicely) but if it's more than you want to invest, he or some other salvage yard may have the parts you need to install the hydraulic steering. The pump for the power steering puts out 500 psi and 4 gpm. Seems like you could get that from the pump you've got powering your plow, etc.

The power steering really works pretty easily- you can just rest one hand in your lap and use finger pressure on the levers. much less tiring than holding both arms out in front of you.