• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ice Queen's Snow Trac

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I think I shall probably paint my vehicle in snow camo - I already have a green military vehicle. I think that the picture of the Commando snow trac (added to the REME photo thread) may have been taken at the big military gathering in Kent, UK. The background looks familiar, I was there last year, having gone from Wales to Kent driving my Foden FH 70 gun tractor, towing my military trailer. I hope to go again this year, possibly taking the snow trac, if it is ready, towed by my Discovery, possibly a bit quicker than driving the Foden! The Foden is painted green at present, but will be in camo, green and black, when repainted properly.

I have managed to post a couple of comments, but not sure, very new to all this - will have to work out how to post piccys, but don't know how to reduce them yet, still a novice at technicalities on the computer! Will attempt to attach piccy of my snowtrac with this. The side view is my son - in - law getting in to test drive it for me, as at the time I had my hand all bandaged up with stitches in after an operation, not the best time to be buying a vehicle!

Attachments

• Views and Snowtrac 006.jpg
    Views and Snowtrac 006.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 336
  • Views and Snowtrac 007.jpg
    Views and Snowtrac 007.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 336
Last edited by a moderator:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ice Queen, I hope you don't mind, but I did a little cut & paste and added the photos you sent me via email. :tiphat:

Looks like you have a slightly unusual Snow Trac. Yours is the tall cab version. It also appears that a former owner modified the cargo carry area over the tracks and put in some sheet steel to divide the cargo area.

You are obviously a military vehicle collector. I think your daughter sent me an email a while back and it sounds like your whole family is involved in military vehicle collecting/restoration. I have friends who participate in historical war reenactments, but none who restore military vehicles. Tell us more.

:weneedpic of your other vehicles too!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good pics Ice Queen.

Just so you (and everyone else) knows. I'm working to install a photo gallery called PhotoPost. With it you should not have to resize your images.

Do i hear a big hooray from the collective group? ;)

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
VERY NICE! I wish I had a Mother in law as cool as you! When I brought my Shorland Armoured vehicle home she about flipped when she saw it! :yum: (thank god she only comes out 3 times a year!) Ive been trying to get a Ferret but not to many in good condition or in any condition for that matter here in the United States. Again very nice Snow Trac.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Yes, we seem to be a family of 'nutters' I have three Scammell lorries, one of which is ex-military, but now in poor condition. The Foden FH 70 gun tractor and ex-military office trailer, now converted internally to accommodation - very comfortable. One of the Scammell lorries is a ballast tractor and tows a Showman's living wagon. Daughter and son-in-law have 3 mk 1 AEC Militants, one AEC Matador converted for bus recovery and the latest addition is a Samson Tank recovery vehicle! They have various cars, like me, and two children!! The youngest, a girl, now eight months old must have travelled in more strange vehicles than most people of her age! Will try to post some piccys of the vehicles when I can work out how to do it. Yes please Doc, when you install photo post it will be very handy for those of us who are unfamiliar with these things, looking forward to it. To Snowcat Operations, you ought to come to some military rallies in UK, lots of Ferrets about!