• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Never thought I'd love Trump

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't want to get into a liberal vs conservative or Dem vs GOP discussion.

Just want to point out that I was a huge Trump skeptic and there are some things that Trump does that I don't like, but damn I've got to admit that this guy is doing some great things.

:clap: Threatens to pull out of NATO ... all of a sudden the NATO members hold an emergency meeting and agree to pay a larger share to NATO

:clap: China has been stealing technology and jobs so Trump threatens tariffs. China counters with tariffs on US goods. Trump doubles down with even more tariffs. Today we see that stock futures are higher on news that China may be agreeing to more favorable trade negotiations

:clap: Gas prices have been climbing, Trump has a chat with the Saudis. Saudis open the tap and we now have futures prices on oil stabilized and pulling back

:clap: two excellent picks for the SCOTUS

:clap: removing 'National Monument' status that was conferred by Obama on lands that States and Counties did NOT want to be included as National Monuments

:clap: ordering that for every 1 new regulation enacted by any agency that 2 old regulations had to be removed

... and the list goes on.

Now I'm not sold on this guy, I'm going to remain a skeptic, but so far I have to admit :thumbup:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree Bob.
Trump is accomplishing things no other politicians would try. They gave it lip service but nothing more.
It appears to be a huge plus for him not to be beholding to any lobbyists like other career politicians are.
MAGA

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I never thought I'd love him, much less like him.
But yes! He's come through just as I had hoped he would.
:smile:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Remain a skeptic Bob. Always. That is being responsible citizen.

What is irresponsible is being such a hater that one believes it patriotic to obstruct a duly elected President simply because your candidate lost.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
:clap::thumbup::clap::thumbup::clap::thumbup:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtolv9kM1qk"]Hank Williams Sr... I Saw The Light - 1948 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I never thought I'd love him, much less like him.
But yes! He's come through just as I had hoped he would.
:smile:

As a man who grows more than a few soybeans, I hope his trade actions with China prove to be a win for farmers. The more they buy of ours, it reduces their trade deficit with us, all that Trump is asking for.

I have been a Trumpian since he announced. No I never watched his TV shows either! :smile:

I knew he is not of a political party, but as an American.

And boy that pisses lots of folk off!

Regards, Kirk

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
You notice he doesn't try to downplay being called a "disrupter". I think he wears it as a badge of honor!!
Mike

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Most politicians make all sorts of promises to get elected. He’s the first politician I’ve ever seen who set in to keep every one of those promises! :thumbup:

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't want to get into a liberal vs conservative or Dem vs GOP discussion.

Just want to point out that I was a huge Trump skeptic and there are some things that Trump does that I don't like, but damn I've got to admit that this guy is doing some great things.

:clap: Threatens to pull out of NATO ... all of a sudden the NATO members hold an emergency meeting and agree to pay a larger share to NATO

:clap: China has been stealing technology and jobs so Trump threatens tariffs. China counters with tariffs on US goods. Trump doubles down with even more tariffs. Today we see that stock futures are higher on news that China may be agreeing to more favorable trade negotiations

:clap: Gas prices have been climbing, Trump has a chat with the Saudis. Saudis open the tap and we now have futures prices on oil stabilized and pulling back

:clap: two excellent picks for the SCOTUS

:clap: removing 'National Monument' status that was conferred by Obama on lands that States and Counties did NOT want to be included as National Monuments

:clap: ordering that for every 1 new regulation enacted by any agency that 2 old regulations had to be removed

... and the list goes on.

Now I'm not sold on this guy, I'm going to remain a skeptic, but so far I have to admit :thumbup:

I agree. What resident Trump does best is tell others what they better not do. And then moves on.

Teddy Roosevelt said carry a big stick. The left said wearing a pussy hat is close enough. I am a Roosevelt type guy.