• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Next Sno-Cat project

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
We just found the first piece of our next build. You have to start some where. Need more pieces.

Attachments

• DSCN0941.jpg
    DSCN0941.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 617
  • DSCN2180.jpg
    DSCN2180.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 625

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
hummmm, just when were you going to tell me about the new project, me thinks, we need a bigger chainsaw., oh well, more orange and a great story, fyi, about 400 feet of cable.

Attachments

• DSC_0109.jpg
    DSC_0109.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 611
  • DSC_0124.jpg
    DSC_0124.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 614
  • DSC_0136.jpg
    DSC_0136.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 613
  • DSC_0138.jpg
    DSC_0138.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 605
  • DSC_0148.jpg
    DSC_0148.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 617
  • DSC_0166.jpg
    DSC_0166.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 609
  • DSC_0221.jpg
    DSC_0221.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 617

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
some history about the latest new project

Attachments

• news tkr006.jpg
    news tkr006.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 613
  • news tkr041.jpg
    news tkr041.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 612

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
:ermm:
While I certainly don't doubt the ridiculous skills of someone, why bother pulling that up? Half grill? Coffee table?? Chandelier?? :yum:

And the obvious question- why is only one pontoon at the bottom of a gulch and where is the rest of the machine? Did it come off the mountain riding an avalanche?

So many questions, so little patience! :yum:

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
We are thinking coffee table with glass top. Open to suggestions. Might be a bit heavy for any kind of overhead lighting fixture. I would not want to walk under it. This is an eight foot + long pontoon. We got it out of there at just the right time as a couple of guys had seen it and said they were going to haul it out. We spent much time the week before opening it up and removing mucho sand and rock. Of course, talk is cheap and they asked to buy it but that was the wrong time to ask after we had shot, skinned and wrapped it.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
that lift in the background sure looks small.

That lift is the second chair lift built in this country and I am told in the world. I remember riding it as a kid and in deep snow years they had to dig out the snow so you were in a ditch going up. The top of the trench was to the top of the towers. Kind of nice as you could let your skis ride on the snow. At shut down they would cover those areas with plywood to make the next day's shoveling easier. The replacement lifts were built on a higher ridge to the west of this one. You will get to go into this old top terminal at the Cat's Meow. It is very nice inside. You don't have to bring you skis out next April as the Lodge has good rental equipment.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty much any one who can answer the question is dead. I talked with the longest member of the Lodge maintenance team and he recalls that one of the two large cats lost an axle up above Silcox and it stopped when it hit a big rock. He thinks it was then that the pontoons were changed on one of the cats to a belted system and the box was cut off and made into a flat bed to construct the Palmer chairlift. Most likely this pontoon was some how lost over the side of the canyon.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I was going to ask if the rest of the tucker was down there.
NOPE, the 2 shoe box tuckers were sold and moved a very long long long way away from timberline, before you ask, they will be coming home and the pontoon rescue is a part of the history of these big tuckers.

jask

In the first picture of the second post I thought I was looking at a tarped up dog sled until I scrolled down... not sure how heavy it would be but it might be the start of a nice little pull behind sled for a cat or snowmobile... based on some of the historic Tucker photos I have seen- a motor, track and set of skis out front would be in keeping as well :)

Now that would be one cool looking snow machine!

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
BTW Those who went to last year's Meow, parked their cats in this exact spot, just a bit more snow then.