• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Five Year Project

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
I started thinking and considering doing something like this five plus years ago. I got side tracked when I took a set of Mattrack 150 series aluminum tracks in on trade for a Bombardier snow cat and have them installed on our F250. Finally this year, I got back to the project and put it all together. It is a sweet ride and can easily run 30 mph in the right snow conditions providing comfort with heat, music and your beer does not get shook up. Being that I am such a sporty guy I opted for the 2 door and have another Jimmy in the works that is a 4 door for when you have the kids plus groceries to haul. It is not a cross country snow cat but is a very capable over snow machine that will get you over snow packed roads/trails that are totally impassable to wheel vehicles. It may even surprise some of you as the foot print works out to about 1.28 pounds per square inch. The GM V6 puts out about 190 hp while the 4 speed auto works smoothly to keep the tracks turning. For 15K this can be your ride......:whistling: or about 13K for the 4 door family version in the works.....:biggrin:
P1010008 (Medium).JPG

P1010009 (Medium).JPG

P1010010 (Medium).JPG

P1010019 (Medium).JPG

P1010022 (Medium).JPG

P1010025 (Medium).JPG

I have track systems available for most smaller SUV truck type vehicles and not just the GM vehicles!!!!!!!!

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Summer speed test!!!!!!!!!!!!

This should get you speed freaks with 6 series Thiokols cranked up....:yum: You now have competition......:whistling:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKTCOFUFBrI"]YouTube- American Track Truck Radar Runs 50+ MPH on Pavement[/ame]

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
These track systems can be designed to even run in mud, dirt, snow or over pavement if required. The number of idler wheels can be changed for non snow use to help prevent wear but the tracks are really built tough anymore. Snow is much easier on the track system but they can be used elsewhere if required by the track life may be limited by the type of use. The speed test has little bearing on real time use but something to make you think.....and stir up the Thiokol 6 series owners......:w00t2:

I do know I would not want a front track to come apart on one at 50 mph...OUCH:ermm:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
If you break down the Kristi Kat Recovery team is ready to roll !:clap:

bill w

another section of you tube i couldn't get away from....thanks...Bill w ps very nice...i woulnd't want ANY track coming off that fast....

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
I'd take care with the S-10 chassis. They have very weak front and rear differentials, in stock form. Do you have lockers or something similar installed for deep snow?