• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

hagglunds

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That's a money pit right there for sure. :w00t2:

You could throw tons of it away right here. :doh:

Regards, Kirk

teamster

In my area those things sell for ridiculous, money regardless of condition. I was offered one that had extensive work done to it but it had developed one bad piston. For $8000 the owner would deliver it to my yard. I turned it down, so he hauled it to Ritchie Auction. He put a large sign in the machine explaining the problem. He got $46,000 for it. They are a popular unit for working on pipeline construction and freezing in the ice roads. I've never drove one but they don't look very comfortable to me.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
if your small like jim they are ok if you are a full sized Scandinavian like me they are cramped. and a complete ready to run model is a money pit those are just parts

Outrider

Does anyone know who bought all the Hagglunds at the auction ?

They seen to go for very cheap, and yes they are very uncomfortable, loud, and money pits. But they float, so they are popular on the ice roads.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I have the gov plannet rep on speed dial I could find out likely golden valley electric or the guys out at the hotsprings that take rich japanees out to conceive under the northern lights

Duane Leiker

The ones sold on Gov. Planet are US military used. Military vehicle collectors buy these when ever they show up. $8K is not a bad price. When rebuilt, it would still be worth more than what it cost to repair. Parts are not that expensive from the sources I have in Europe.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
well I would love to know where you are getting parts as the dealer in this state can't even get his hands on the lower radiator hoses for the 6 cylinder diesel rigs. and even though I have found sources for sprockets and road wheels them things are awful expensive to own and operate. I have a customer here with one it has a different water pump than the 2.8 l v6 used in baby broncos when it craps out I suppose its going to be order one from England the ignition system is another over engineered joke. stick to my snow tracs and thiokols still the best bang for the buck with the tucker being a good runner up or even a tie for this country.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
pretty soon they'll change the name of tucker wrecking yards to haggluns.:yum: