• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTB - Tracked anything! New York Area, will travel!!!

brodacious

Hello,

Recently moved up to the adirondacks and am looking to get out on the lake and screw around and would love a tracked vehicle!

Hoping I can snag something cheap, doesn't have to be pretty!
Anyone got any leads?
The tiny bombi's are great, but I'm hoping for something with room for a passenger or two?

If not I could always build a sled to tow them in!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hello,

Recently moved up to the adirondacks and am looking to get out on the lake and screw around and would love a tracked vehicle!

Hoping I can snag something cheap, doesn't have to be pretty!
Anyone got any leads?
The tiny bombi's are great, but I'm hoping for something with room for a passenger or two?

If not I could always build a sled to tow them in!

Hang around here and maybe some thing will turn up. We have a few members who, out of the kindness of their heart's post up listings at random here from all over the continent...

This time of year the prices are the highest with approaching winter fun.. Just so you know what to expect...

Regards, Kirk

northeastheavy

Look at the post on 8/15/15 for a Bombardier SV-250 on craigs list in Rhinebeck, NY. Its sill listed and might fit what you are looking for.
Its cheap and plenty of room.
Tom

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Fellas, thats actually not far from me.

The "needs work" part is a little disconcerting but the price is right!
I'm going to research the crap out of that thing today and see what I can find.

What you will find is that these machines have ring and pinion issues in the rear if they have used ATF as the lubricant in the differential case...

At one time it was recommended, but a far better choice is 20W tractor oil for clutch and brakes as well as hydrolics. JD torque guard J20C is a good choice along with others. There is a pump that runs off the drive line belt behind the cab that sprays oil on the ring and pinion when the machine is in motion. Make sure it is all there and connected.

There are what are called "flexators" that are your suspension. check for "toe out" on the front idlers as the flexators take a set over time if track tension is left on in the off season. Also check for welds on the arms that are connected by splines to the flexator shafts. They like to destroy those splines, and welding them solid has been done to often...

Post up some pics and let us pick it apart for you.:whistling:

Regards, Kirk

I have a Thiokol packmaster-----3500 bucks----iam in rome ny----we have a bunch of extra parts for the machine----runs and drives fine---was used on a tubing hill--- we went to a tucker----we have truck and trailer could bring for a small fee

brodacious

Thanks for the info 300 H and H!

topwelder44, do you have any pictures of it?
What model is it? I did some quick poking around and is it the one with the super wide tracks?