• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Replacing washer and dryer

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
The Maytag set I have now is probably 15 years old and I'm thinking of replacing them. I'm looking for a top loader washer and gas dryer. Any success stories or tales of horror with any particular make or model?

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I wouldn't get a low water energy saving whirlpool washer again. clothes don't get clean
the dryer has water to it that is never used. something about steam. it seems ok
jim

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
To be honest I think they are all just about the same in any price range on sale. You pay more along with a better chance of long term hassle free ownership.
Whirlpool is hqd here in BH, so everybody for the most part buys their stuff with a whirlpool discount or at the outlet store.
We have had whirlpool, maytag, kitchen aid, and Jenn air all with good luck.
Currently we have front loader may tags stacked up and they work great. All the kitchen stuff is Jenn air.
My giant grill outside is kitchen aid.
No problems with any of them.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
With quality lacking in so much new stuff and all the "bells and whistles" which to me is something else to go wrong down the road , you might be better off to hang onto the 15 yr old Maytags until one of them croaks.
JMHO,
Mike

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
With quality lacking in so much new stuff and all the "bells and whistles" which to me is something else to go wrong down the road , you might be better off to hang onto the 15 yr old Maytags until one of them croaks.
JMHO,
Mike

agree, "durable goods" are now only durable for a couple years.

Oh, and DON'T even think about getting a side door model, it WILL stink in a short period of time.

My Magtag also has the water level sensing POS setting too,..... I have it manually set to "Deep" water level.