• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New sports bar/grill just outside of town

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Opening up soon, can't wait to check it out. Dtown is dry, but it is right over the line. Used to be a rundown bar/sixer shop with upscale prices. When Val, the owners wife, died, it went to hell, (she was such a nice lady,) and eventually closed. Some folks bought it up and have been working on it for a while, and have a sign up now. 'The Beer Monger's Hideaway.' Looking foward to checking it out. Love me a good sports bar/grill, (sometime you find the BEST food there in them places,) and it's nice and close to home.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Is that so? Hmm. Well then he musta wasted some time, then, because the signs are all up, and them high signs don't come cheap. The rollaway dumpster has been sitting in the same spot, full, for quite a while now, though. Maybe they did sell it off. Oh well, I can wait. The only other close choices are the Legion, the Red Lion Tavern, and then the Glad Crab (Crab Shack). And that Glad Crab is one rundown joint. I don't like that place. $2.85 for a Bud draught? Fuck that! I can get a large pitcher at Post 605 for a dollar more.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Is that so? Hmm. Well then he musta wasted some time, then, because the signs are all up, and them high signs don't come cheap. The rollaway dumpster has been sitting in the same spot, full, for quite a while now, though. Maybe they did sell it off. Oh well, I can wait. The only other close choices are the Legion, the Red Lion Tavern, and then the Glad Crab (Crab Shack). And that Glad Crab is one rundown joint. I don't like that place. $2.85 for a Bud draught? Fuck that! I can get a large pitcher at Post 605 for a dollar more.

Reminds of when my nephews visited last Xmas. We went bar hopping in my neck of the woods and at the first stop I ordered us each (3) a large (20oz) draft. When I gave the barmaid (yeah we still call them that) a $20 and she brought back $15.50 and walked away. Both my nephews looked at me in astonishment and said is that for one or for all of the drafts. I said all three and they told me that would have taken most of the $20 where they live (Tri-Cities of Richland, Pasco, and Kennewick WA). It's good to live in the sticks!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn right double post Dog. When I was still drinking a pitcher was a buck. A case of Old Milwaukee was 9.25.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
(I call 'em barmaids, too.) Indeed. But then I guess it is all up to the discretion of the owner, because I can go to Jamies (a bit farther away, but a great place with excellent food if the right cook is on) and can get the same size draught (16oz) for around 2 bucks. Or a buck-fiddy on Saturdays.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Damn right double post Dog. When I was still drinking a pitcher was a buck. A case of Old Milwaukee was 9.25.

You can get a case of Big City Lager here for about $12 for a 30pack of cans. Of course, you are looking at the defenition of 'piss-water swill', too :yum:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Lol, The Glad Crab... sounds like it should be a place on Family Guy.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Actually I started making changes a while ago. I've been doing the decent stuff for a breakfast snack; cereal bars, granola, ect. Plus it's actually been over a month since I had a beer. Just haven't been over to the bar in a while.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
When it is not obscenely hot start walking out to the high school and back. That really helps burn calories.