• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Moving a 12'x30' Workshop Building x-country

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
After reading all the other suggestions I gotta say that California hit the nail right on the head. :hammer: Pull all your improvements from the basic shed and redo when you get there.

I do however like the challenge of moving it, but wouldn't do it.

Good luck, ABTW, if you decide to move it, when you come thru KS Eric and I will meet you for lunch. OK with you Eric? Your pretty close to I-70, and I'm not that far.

Nica
I'm generally pretty cool with meeting for food. :whistling:

Trakternut

One point that was mentioned was the permitting process for moving. Some states rob and rape you for the overwidth permits. They they route you so far out of line with your path of travel that you put on a ridiculous number if extra miles.
For the length of move he was contemplating, I'm thinking the extra expense would have put a healthy dent in the cost of a shop building on the new home site.