• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tested - 1400 w electric barbecue

Metsaman

Try out to cheap electric barbecue to make beefsteaks. :chef:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7glaCsKK6Q"]Tested - Cheap 1400 W Electric Barbeque Grill - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• rillataan.jpg
    rillataan.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 120

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
If it ever stops raining, I'm heading to Lowe's (a home improvement store) to check out their 750w digital electric smoker. I've never cooked outdoors on anything electric so it'll be an experience but it looks so easy.

Metsaman

If it ever stops raining, I'm heading to Lowe's (a home improvement store) to check out their 750w digital electric smoker. I've never cooked outdoors on anything electric so it'll be an experience but it looks so easy.

Barbecue with electric is simple but you not get that real barbecue smoke taste in your meals. ..

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
What I use in the propane BBQs if I want a smoke taste to the meat or vegetables is a "Smoker Box". You fill the box with wood chips and place it in the BBQ and close the lid. You can soak the wood chips in water beforehand or not. I've done it both ways. Once it gets to smoking, throw the food on and close the lid again. It's not the best answer but it does work.

Metsaman

What I use in the propane BBQs if I want a smoke taste to the meat or vegetables is a "Smoker Box". You fill the box with wood chips and place it in the BBQ and close the lid. You can soak the wood chips in water beforehand or not. I've done it both ways. Once it gets to smoking, throw the food on and close the lid again. It's not the best answer but it does work.

Now I thinking that it possible work on this electric barbecue too... should test sometimes. .

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Propane, Charcoal, electric,,, I own them all...; you can have 'em all.:hammer:

Wood for me. Oak, Ash, Hickory for heat. Mesquite, Cherry and Pear for flavors.:whistling:

A lot more work? Yes!:biggrin:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Got my Char-Broil, 750 watt electric smoker and set it up. I did the 2 hour burn off as recommended and I'm ready to smoke some chicken quarters on Sunday. I'll probably throw on some sausage and maybe a pork chop as well. We'll see how the smoke holds up. Looking forward to this and I hope that I'm not disappointed. It has the potential to be really easy but we'll see how the flavor is. That's all that really matters.

I'm with Franc on this one. Like him, I've got propane and charcoal but I usually use oak, mainly because that's what I've got most of, but depending on what what we've got in "Big Bertha", I may use some fruit wood on occasion.

The best hamburger that I've ever eaten in my life was in New Mexico, cooked over mesquite cut from just off the rig location. That was a thing to savor!!!!

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Propane, Charcoal, electric,,, I own them all...; you can have 'em all.:hammer:

Wood for me. Oak, Ash, Hickory for heat. Mesquite, Cherry and Pear for flavors.:whistling:

A lot more work? Yes!:biggrin:

Got my Char-Broil, 750 watt electric smoker and set it up. I did the 2 hour burn off as recommended and I'm ready to smoke some chicken quarters on Sunday. I'll probably throw on some sausage and maybe a pork chop as well. We'll see how the smoke holds up. Looking forward to this and I hope that I'm not disappointed. It has the potential to be really easy but we'll see how the flavor is. That's all that really matters.

I'm with Franc on this one. Like him, I've got propane and charcoal but I usually use oak, mainly because that's what I've got most of, but depending on what what we've got in "Big Bertha", I may use some fruit wood on occasion.

The best hamburger that I've ever eaten in my life was in New Mexico, cooked over mesquite cut from just off the rig location. That was a thing to savor!!!!
I don't smoke per se but I do have a smoke-box for the gas grill. Given any choice at all I use the charcoal grill with
real mesquite char - none of those pressed coal-dust things! - but there are times when the Lady wants grilled and
the circumstances don't allow for charcoal. (And she and my son don't want to mess with real wood grilling, which
is why we bought the gas grill in the first place.)