• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

buffalo

Viking

Site Supporter
I never thought I would be posting in the food forum but I just cooked up a buffalo roast tonight. I put the roast in a slow cooker (crock pot) for 7 hours set on low. Added 2.5 bottles of steak sauce, 1 smith & wolensky, 1 store brand and a half bottle of A1. It's what I had in the frig....

At 7 hours I took it out of the pot, cut off the strings, sliced it up (it was just falling apart) put it back in the juice for about 15 to 20 minutes. I served it up and it was delicious! My kids loved it, I thought they would balk at eating buffalo but they ate it up.

Anyway, I just thought I would pass my first buffalo dining experience along. I think I'll cook up another buffalo roast for Thanksgiving to serve along with my wife's dry turkey....:hide:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've never tried buffalo, but have had the hankering for it for awhile now. With all that sauce could you really tell the flavour of the meat? IOW could you tell it was any different than a beef roast?
Where did you get the roast .....I'm guessing you didn't shoot it.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Buffalo, elk, moose, and venison each has its own distinctive taste. A lot of the game flavor that they can possess can come from the way they are handled after the kill and the way the meat is processed. If properly handled and processed, after eating it for a time, beef will taste different.

elsmitro

floppy member
Well, now I really want to start that as a Smith Family Thanksgiving tradition. I am going to have to do some checking around and find a big roast. I hope it’s good, what could make for a more manly Thanksgiving?
Thanks Viking!
p.s. LOVE THE AVITAR.

Viking

Site Supporter
Doc said:
I've never tried buffalo, but have had the hankering for it for awhile now. With all that sauce could you really tell the flavour of the meat? IOW could you tell it was any different than a beef roast?
Where did you get the roast .....I'm guessing you didn't shoot it.

There was definately a distinctly different taste than beef.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
I've had Bison burgers, and they didn't taste much different than cow. Ostrich is another good one. Buffalo, bison and ostrich are all very lean meats.