• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wines by mail

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Has anyone ordered wines or other adult spirits from an out of your home state distributor ? They offer some great pricing & a large selection on several websites, and I was wondering if there are any limit restrictions, or tax implications involved with an out of state order ? Several states are listed as not being able to ship to them on this website: WINES , but my home state is listed as one they can ship to ..............Comments ??

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bear in mind that state excise taxes are not collected on those products. Some states allow for out of state wine shipments, other states forbid it. I live in a state that forbids it, but I have been able to get around the regulation by working closely with some small wineries. I don't know that everyone is willing to do what I did, but I have visited some wineries or met vitners at some of the wine festivals and have a couple vinyards that I will buy product from. They ship it directly to me. But, I buy it in multiple case quantities, in the case of one vinyard that produces a wine we really enjoy, 2 years in a row I've purchased all their remaining inventory of the item we enjoy and had it shipped by common carrier. It was shipped as wine vinegar and is not legal to sell in liquor stores or restaurants, but is legal for me to buy under that label. How I use it, is up to me!

What you need to do is find out your state laws. If your state permits it, then no big deal. If your state does not, then simply make special arrangement with your favorite vitners when you next see their wineries.