• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

what is on this cat?

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
is that radar?
10e.gif

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree: RADAR. When I think about the picture it makes sense though. How do you find your ship to get back? Radar would show that big honking ship real well. I don't know about the legal aspects, but where ever it was I doubt the issue will come up.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I believe that those are actually satellite antennas...

similar to these...

Winegard-mobileSat002.jpg

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It is a GPS receiver so they can find their way in whiteouts. Looks similar to what the new heavy equipment use for road building and grading.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It is a GPS receiver so they can find their way in whiteouts. Looks similar to what the new heavy equipment use for road building and grading.

I agree on the GPS. You don't need radar with auto steering in a white out. And you can retrace your route with perfection. The better GPS antenna are large as this one is. JMHO...

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I have run gps in white outs not a good idea things you can't see jump out and bite you.