• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Change of Ownership

laytonpc

I am purchasing a Pisten Bully from a Private Seller. In addition to a Notarized Bill of Sale showing ID number is there any requirement to
Register this vehicle with the State ? I live in Colorado. It will be primarily be used for pleasure. Any guidance would be appreciated.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Is it titled? If so i would include that as well... And any current licence from the state it was in will help too.

Regards, Kirk

laytonpc

Vehicle is not titled and the current owner (who also lives in Colorado) did not register it with the state.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
check with your local dmv our state does not title snow cats and off road equipment I here some others do.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
check with your local dmv our state does not title snow cats and off road equipment I here some others do.
Not sure how to title a snow cat, but I agree with Don, check with your local dmv. My state doesn't title them, some forbid them from roadways but I have driven mine legally on the road by putting an agricultural SMV sign on the back and keeping the running lights on. No regulation in my state for running them in the fields or on trails.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My PB came with a DMV licence for California. It has a plate ,blinkers,registered number but that was a California deal and something special. My grousers are hardened steel so I wouldn't think it would be for a paved road.
If I was worried I would Call the DMV and forest service or the place you plan on running.Stopping in to talk to them is better. You never know who your talking to. If it is a groomed trail you could be on then talk to one of the largest snowmobile clubs and join.
Then come to our jamboree and see how it is done.
jim
you may think about registering your id number with you cats company. it is a good deal and you have a database of parts and online manual. they have the latest updates on your cat.
you as an owner already have this free. a 24hr support line for parts or troubleshooting is good.
every year pistenbully has a good service school . I just went and it gives the run down on all the parts.

Last edited: