• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

CNN Poll: Palin unfavorable rating at all time high

mak2

By: CNN Deputy Political Director Paul Steinhauser

Washington (CNN) - A new national poll indicates that 56 percent of all Americans have an unfavorable view of Sarah Palin, an all-time high for the former Alaska governor. That 56 percent unfavorable figure is up seven points from just before the midterm elections, according to a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll released Wednesday morning.

Thirty-eight percent of people questioned in the poll say they have a favorable view of the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee, down two points from October.

The poll was conducted following a difficult two week stretch for Palin, who is considering a run for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination. Palin was in the spotlight following the Jan. 8 shootings at a "Congress on Your Corner" event at a Tucson, Arizona supermarket, which left six people dead and 13 wounded. Authorities believe Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, who was seriously wounded as the target of the mass shootings. A 22-year-old suspect, Jared Lee Loughner, is in custody.

Following the shootings critics suggested Palin's at-times charged political rhetoric and use of a graphic featuring crosshairs may have contributed to the shooter's motivations. The graphic was part of a website that Palin put up last year, during the divisive debate over health care reform, to highlight 20 congressional districts won by Sen. John McCain in the 2008 presidential election, where Democratic representatives were voting in favor of the legislation.

According to the survey, Palin's unfavorable rating is up 10 points among women, compared to just three points among men, and among independent voters, her unfavorable rating has grown a whopping 14 points.

Does the dip in Palin's favorable ratings have anything to do with her website?

"Probably not directly, but the public may have been turned off by her reaction to the controversy surrounding that website," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "Poll results released earlier this week show that most Americans do not blame her website for the shootings in Arizona. But women and independents - two groups that tend to prefer civility and bipartisanship - may have disliked her combative reaction to suggestions that the website was involved."

The CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll was conducted Jan. 14-16, with 1,014 adult Americans questioned by telephone. The survey's overall sampling error is plus or minus 3 percentage points.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/19/cnn-poll-palin-unfavorable-rating-at-all-time-high/

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
:wow:Another Poll , Come on Mak do you still really beleive in them polls ? :biggrin:

I never have, but I dont necesarilly doubt this one allthough I do think she's smarter then most give her credit for , I think she would make a better advisor or lower level politician then the President or even Vice pres IMHO .

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Aint she one great lady???? kind ov nice to hear the sweet sound of truth as it comes from her lips.....and on fox to:brows:

mak2

Aint she one great lady???? kind ov nice to hear the sweet sound of truth as it comes from her lips.....and on fox to:brows:

She is hot. And it has been real quite around here today. Come on post something or I am going to Huffington or NPR.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You said you were going and he said bye .....I think.

I figure the poll is accurate, and, well, I hope it's accurate and helps to move her out of contention for running for pres.
I saw a poll on a site that showed if the election were held this month and the choice were between Palin, Romney and Newt Gingerich that Newt came out the winner by 20+ percentage points ahead of Palin. Palin was the lowest with 23% Romney was in the 30% range and Gingerich was at 45%. Those numbers are from memory but I think they are close.

mak2

I am suprised Newt is still that high. I do find the Palin phenomanon very interesting. I bet it woudl be far different if she was exactly the same but looked like Pelosi. Is the state of the union tonight or Wednesday night?

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I wish I had saved the source. Prior to the '10 election, I recall hearing/reading a conservative pundit talking about Sarah Palin and essentially saying that once this election was over the Republican party would distance itself from her. That they would make sure she was not a contender in 2012. I'm not sure they are going to have to do much to create distance, she seems to be doing a good job of sabotaging her chances all by herself. Calls to mind a political cartoon about Sarah Palin that I posted recently in Pirate_Girl's extremely popular Toons for the Times thread.

fubar

Politically, she has served her purpose.
I suggest that if given the opportunity, you smile, shake her hand, maybe a little light conversation about Alaska-igloos-moose, then move on to a serious and capabile politician.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
The outcome of a poll can be pre-determined based upon HOW a question is asked. To believe everything you read about this poll or that poll, is to also believe in the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. (Sorry if I devastated anyone with that bit of reality.)

Back to inspecting my feet for any early signs of toe fungus. It's more interesting than watching someone get a woodie because Sarah's numbers have dipped. Yawn...

mak2

The outcome of a poll can be pre-determined based upon HOW a question is asked. To believe everything you read about this poll or that poll, is to also believe in the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. (Sorry if I devastated anyone with that bit of reality.)

Back to inspecting my feet for any early signs of toe fungus. It's more interesting than watching someone get a woodie because Sarah's numbers have dipped. Yawn...

Really, that little tiny bit of information was not that devastating. Again you speak of erections? :whistling:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:wow:Another Poll , Come on Mak do you still really beleive in them polls ? :biggrin:

I believe them. Some are more accurate than others. Some actually are horribly inaccurate. The CNN polls are known to be reasonable, perhaps not great, but reasonable.

Palin does have high unfavorable ratings, she is very polarizing. I think she is totally unelectable. Most of her unfavorables are press related, she's been savaged by the media and the liberals very unfairly, but the fact remains she has huge unfavorable ratings by virtually every poll on the planet.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
When I work, I always know what day it is.
Don't you like sign paperwork and stuff while you're working, dated?
The state sorta frowns on it if you sign anything with the wrong day/date.

mak2

When I work, I always know what day it is.
Don't you like sign paperwork and stuff while you're working, dated?
The state sorta frowns on it if you sign anything with the wrong date.

Yes PG, I was talking to Doc and I looked up and thought, is this monday or tuesday, my watch was on my desk. so I asked. Is that a problem?

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I am suprised Newt is still that high. I do find the Palin phenomanon very interesting. I bet it woudl be far different if she was exactly the same but looked like Pelosi. Is the state of the union tonight or Wednesday night?

For some reason this part out of your post above really bothers me Mak .:unsure:
"Is the state of the union tonight or Wednesday night? "

You are plum full of opinions and rightfully so as we all are , but I,m friggen shocked anyone asked this question ( Especially you ) that chooses to pick others words apart as much as you do & question articles posted or the sources that are posted .

Sorry Mak but do you actually teach something and have students that seem to interfere with your posting on this forum as you often mention . Or am I just being an asshole & picking on you for no good reason, because I'm really confused :ermm:

mak2

For some reason this part out of your post above really bothers me Mak .:unsure:
"Is the state of the union tonight or Wednesday night? "

You are plum full of opinions and rightfully so as we all are , but I,m friggen shocked anyone asked this question ( Especially you ) that chooses to pick others words apart as much as you do & question articles posted or the sources that are posted .

Sorry Mak but do you actually teach something and have students that seem to interfere with your posting on this forum as you often mention . Or am I just being an asshole & picking on you for no good reason, because I'm really confused :ermm:

This is what happens, when I respond to you you say I make the thread all about me. I asked Doc when the speech was on, what the hell is wrong with you? When have I picked anyones words apart tonight. When you can talk to me like an adult, do otherwise dont talk to me at all.

Yes, you are being an asshole, and I truly believe you are confused. I am pretty tired of it.

mak2

Now do you three have anything intelllgent to say or you want to worry about if I know what time it is or someonels erection?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Now do you three have anything intelllgent to say or you want to worry about if I know what time it is or someonels erection?
You just called Cowboy an asshole, and I reported it.
If you were intelligent, you would have removed it before I had the chance.
How's dat?

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
You just called Cowboy an asshole, and I reported it.
If you were intelligent, you would have removed it before I had the chance.
How's dat?

He asked me if he was being an asshole.
No worrys PG or Mak , I set myself up for it & I nave never denied being an asshole so I take no offence to it .

Mak I really am not trying to pick on you , I just found that a bit irratating that you didn't even know and I'm the one that admits to being in the dark . Just because I pointed out that I found it odd has nothing to do with this one particular thread tonight, but quite a few that you posted during Obamas speech on several different topics .

I mentioned earlier I was damn sure not planning on watching it , but I never claimed to be very smart & allways enjoy watching a good train wreck where no one gets hurt . :biggrin:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
:whistling:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DEBgDgVcUU"]YouTube - Keith Olbermann Special Comment: Sarah palin is an idiot![/ame]

mak2

Those clips go from funny to sad. But that was 2 or 3 years ago, and she is still on Faux news several time at a week. I dunno what to think.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Mak, when you (repeatedly) refer to Faux news are talking about the propaganda outlets of CNN or MSNBC? Certainly you cannot be meaning Fox News Channel, you know the one: mostly populated with COMMENTARY shows. The former, not the later is actually faux-news.