• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snowcat Trailer options...

tomelroy

I have a custom chopped bus that seats 9 adults and hauls a snowcat, but the ramps are a bit heavy for one man. I am thinking something like this would be nice

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boocVLUncQA"]YouTube- Schoolbus RV Unimog Hauler[/ame]

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
wished i could have a unimog like that room for the family and cargo to support a weekend in the bush i would expect that bus would be a little light on the front axle but its a neat toy hauler concept

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
iknow someone who has a nice thiokol that would look nice sitting on it i guess if you had a krusty you would need a trailer like that just to move it aroud your yard. but do the math how much could you buy a used slide back tow truck for.than you also get a winch to pull your rig safely on deck anther option i here is popular with the krusty crowd.

tomelroy

Looks good mainer.....i have a tilt deck similar to that. Probably would not take much to add the power hydraulics.

i have also been looking at this..

Attachments

• International tow truck.jpg
    International tow truck.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,923

tomelroy

one nice thing about my bumper pull tilt deck is it is set up for pintle hitch....same as my snowcats...comes in handy when i think i might get stuck in the snow with the truck...just pull it out with the snow cat.

Attachments

• 4t4 pulling tilt deck.JPG
    4t4 pulling tilt deck.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,981

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Looks good mainer.....i have a tilt deck similar to that. Probably would not take much to add the power hydraulics.

i have also been looking at this..

Yea, that's very cool too... reminds me of this photo...

But I think this kind of investment either means you will be hauling them around alot for commercial use (taking folks up to radio towers or renting cats or renting to local authorities in emergency, etc., or taking many cats around for restoration work at various subcontractors), such that trailering may be an annoyance.... or that it's personal use and taking them out to land for adventures on a very frequent basis.

I was going down the route of thinking it would be easy to just have a shorter unit for transport to subs for painting, etc... but then figured a trailer was best for me so I could just use the pickup.

But personally, I think the bus that you have that came with your 4T10 is pretty dang awesome. Really a practical use and so cool looking. I think I'd rather have a tricked out bus than any of the big rigs... I'd paint it Air Force blue though. ;) I would do a tilt on it or put some sort of winch/pulley/hydraulic system on the ramps to slide out if they're too heavy.

Attachments

• Two_SnowTracs_Transport_2.jpg
    Two_SnowTracs_Transport_2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,851

the old trucker

I like this puppy with the hydraulic tilt action, full wood deck with bumper-pull design.

YouTube- PJ Deckover Trailer 8222 Hyd Tilt video walk around power up dn

a clean $6K will bring her home... not bad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330359131548

Something like that would be 100% better for Weatherby. Another 10% if it had a remote control & a winch on the front of the deck for hauling dead snowcats around in the winter & it'll pay for itself!!

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Something like that would be 100% better for Weatherby. Another 10% if it had a remote control & a winch on the front of the deck for hauling dead snowcats around in the winter & it'll pay for itself!!
Mr Trucker yu are talking like a kristi owner your not thinking about getting one are you.

the old trucker

I have a Bombardier b12 that I am taking my time to rebuild. What I meant was Weatherby would make a cleanup dragging old Kristis & the like around in his spare time.
If I were to get something else it would be a 601.... Hopefully I'll have mine like this next winter.

This is a 1948 b12!!
img_0039.jpg

img_0038-1.jpg

img_0037.jpg

img_0036.jpg

This one was completed Xmas day.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a Bombardier b12 that I am taking my time to rebuild. What I meant was Weatherby would make a cleanup dragging old Kristis & the like around in his spare time.
If I were to get something else it would be a 601.... Hopefully I'll have mine like this next winter.

This is a 1948 b12!!
img_0039.jpg

That is AWESOME :punk:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
He bought it early this year. Here it is when he picked it up in Quebec.

img_0079.jpg

I'll see if I can dig out a few step by step pics for you later.

OT.

see what restoring cats does to you from the pick up picture to the finished picture he must have aged 30 years :yum:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
see what restoring cats does to you from the pick up picture to the finished picture he must have aged 30 years :yum:

...and makes a person turn to 'the drink' :yum::doh:

Attachments

• Fever_Medication.jpg
    Fever_Medication.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 1,650

the old trucker

This bomber is not mine. It is in Maine. My bomber is far from finished, & when it is done I will not have any need for a trailer.
150 ft. from my driveway & I can travel 200 miles in any direction.
I would think the owner of this restored unit has an enclosed trailer to move it if needed.
Right now I have a single axle tlr. with a 6' tounge, & a 8' deck. My machine's frame is 16' long. It is 4' wide & weighs 5-600 lbs. I sit it 5' in front of the deck, 8' on the deck & 3' extended out over the back. If it needs moving I put a red flag on each rear corner, which makes everything legal. I x two straps @ about a 30 degree angle on the front, & same for the rear as you can see below.

PICT0090.jpg

Hello all,

It has been a looong time since I have posted last...a lot of things going on in my life, changes actually. I have finally been allowed to become a civilian again!

Nice to see many of the old guard is still active here.

I have a trailer manufactured by PJ that looks much like the one posted. The only complaint I have about this trailer is the decking. With a light dusting of snow on the surface, my 45 HP 4WD Diesel tractor will not drive up on it due to loss of traction. I have to overcome this problem by not tilting the bed to its maximum angle and using the winch a bit.

I wonder how tracks would do on this decking?

Dave

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
All I can say is this will put any Kristy or Snow Trac to shame !! Hands down!!!!!

Sez Who :w00t2:????? My Kristi is so super secret I don't even know what all the buttons and levers do yet . :unsure:

On the serious side that is a beautiful restoration they have done . I tip my hat to them .:w00t2: Nice ,nice work !!!!:smile:

I'll add them to the "Kristi Snowcat Towing Service List" so when they break down, I'll be ready to roll and once again prove to the world :"That no matter where you may stick your butt , A kristi will get you out !":clap::clap::clap: