• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What kind of cat is this??

indy1

Any one ever hear of cat called a penguin? This cat is up for auction and it is listed as a penguin.

Attachments

• penguincat1.jpg
    penguincat1.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 582
  • penguincat2.jpg
    penguincat2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 578
  • penguincat3.jpg
    penguincat3.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 579

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
There was a brand called a Penguin. I don't know anything about them.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Designed by Armand Bombardier but produced by factories in Montreal starting around 1943.

Information from a book "Bombardier: A Dream with International Reach"

mtmogs

That's an interesting cat Indy. It probably has some interesting stories to tell.

How's things up in the land of Bobby Clarke? Flin Flon was a tough hockey town. I remember Tiger Williams in his junior days saying that if he could survive Flin Flon, then he'd probably be okay. This came from who would be one of the toughest NHL'ers ever - still holds the all-time NHL penalty minute record.

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
Here are a couple more I could use some help identifying.........

Attachments

• Alaska Highway.jpg
    Alaska Highway.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 455
  • Canterbury museum 1.jpg
    Canterbury museum 1.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 445
  • Canterbury museum 2.jpg
    Canterbury museum 2.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 438
  • Chicken Alaska.jpg
    Chicken Alaska.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 428

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
The top one is a weasel with what looks like really old Thiokol or bombardier tracks. Dont know what the bottom one is?

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
The bottom one is in a museum in New Zealand or Australia and was originally used in Antartica. The one on the bottom on the right is apparently in Chicken Alaska? I have no idea what it is and I dont have a larger picture.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
The one on the bottom on the right is apparently in Chicken Alaska? I have no idea what it is and I dont have a larger picture.

That looks like a two passenger "Otter", it has a single cylinder Wisconson or Briggs and Stratton engine in front with two steel tractor seats located one behind the other. That one looks like someone built a custom cab on it.

They were a very basic machine and easy to build.

The name "Otter" was given when the company built them changed the name about thirty years ago, don't know what they were called before then. Had one with a snow blade on it and it worked pretty well... The front steel seat had a crack in it, and when you hit a bump, it would do some serious pinching of the hind side, didn't take too long to get that fixed...

pg132.jpg

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The name "Otter" was given when the company built them changed the name about thirty years ago, don't know what they were called before then.

Ranger, Ferret were the other names they use the drive train from a lawntractor " economy, Jim dandy " 3 speed transmission rear end
steered by brakes on the differental. rough ride on frozen ground. Tip over easy.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
The name "Otter" was given when the company built them changed the name about thirty years ago, don't know what they were called before then.

Ranger, Ferret were the other names they use the drive train from a lawntractor " economy, Jim dandy " 3 speed transmission rear end
steered by brakes on the differental. rough ride on frozen ground. Tip over easy.

Ranger, after I saw your response, that is the name I couldn't remember but had heard before.

Thanks!