• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The day she came home

HarleyScooter

We needed to get something going in this thread, here are some pictures of the day I brought her home. I am one of those people who just can not leave anything the way they made it? :tiphat:

Attachments

• 05HD2.jpg
    05HD2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 236
  • 05HD3.jpg
    05HD3.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 232
  • 05HD4.jpg
    05HD4.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 238
  • 05HD5.jpg
    05HD5.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 227
  • 05HD1.jpg
    05HD1.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 232

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Whose Pipe ya got there? :beer:

I'd love to do a 2-1 set on my Road Glide. I've been told they are much more efficient and do acrually let the motor run better, not just louder. :2gunsfiri

RG_2.JPG

HarleyScooter

Av8r, the pipe is a Vance & Hines Pro Pipe HS. I think the bike does run better with it, but I also added a Screamin Eagle air cleaner and a SE Race Tunner and had it dyno'd, it is 72.5 HP and 79.5 Foot lbs of torque.

JimR

Charter Member
You guys and my Harley brother would get along just fine. He bought a new Road King a few years ago and still has not stopped messing with it. It has bigger jugs, cams, gear drive and God knows what else since he bought it. Now the bike is stripped down and getting painted as he wants a different color scheme. Myself on the other hand will ride anything on two wheels. Here's my latest junker I bought for $300.00. It's a 1984 Yamaha Virago with 11K on it.

Attachments

• DSC00562.JPG
    DSC00562.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 177

JimR

Charter Member
The picture makes the bike look a lot better than what it really is. Most of the chrome is peeling off it. Yamaha had big chrome problems from 1984-1990 from what I hear. The rear sissy bar was really bad. I put it in Muraic Acid for about 5 minutes to cook the chrome off. Then I polished up the aluminum. I may do the same with the motor side covers or have them replated. I'm not sure yet. I just needed something with 2 wheels again for the summer as I sold my CB900C a few months ago to help buy my Super Split woodsplitter. Someday I'll get around to finishing this one up. It's a 1975 GoldWing. It was the first year import for the US.

Attachments

• 75Wing1.jpg
    75Wing1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 171