• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ever get that sinking feeling?

JayC

Huh?
I found this on another site. The story behind it, supposedly, is that there was an abandoned mine underneath there. The tractor was parked and sometime the mine just caved in. Sure would be a shock to come out to get ready to plow a field and find this there!

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I had to download the picture to see it clearly, but after doing that, I went to the site and checked the rest of the photo's. The first one that I found is called "Was the biggest truck"... a quick glance and you can see that this is also photo manupulated. Shadows are not consistant, and the kid is missing his legs. Why do it if you can't do it right?????.... Junk...

Attachments

• mirror.jpg
    mirror.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 117
  • kid.jpg
    kid.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 123

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Actually, the kid on the right appears to be laying on a small hill, and if you look to the left of the kid with the missing legs, you see the seat and back of a park bench. I think it is fair to say there is a small hill there hiding the legs of that child and the bench. I wouldn't didmiss the validity of the pic based on that observation.

HGM

DaveNay said:
Actually, the kid on the right appears to be laying on a small hill, and if you look to the left of the kid with the missing legs, you see the seat and back of a park bench. I think it is fair to say there is a small hill there hiding the legs of that child and the bench. I wouldn't didmiss the validity of the pic based on that observation.

Plus, those are big friggen trucks...:eek:

Take alook.... or you can search cat.com for trucks or machines.

HGM

Junkman said:
Then why doesn't the truck cast a huge shadow like that of the kid on the left does?

I'm not seeing a huge shadow difference either.. It appears to be close to noontime and the shadow on the ground behind the truck is narrow and the kids shadow really cant be seen other than on the face..

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Looked around on the net and found that Sparwood BC does have their very own Titan.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Junk,
The Sparwood Mine and the 350 ton Titan haul truck is real. The photo may of been retouched but the town and truck exist. I spent about 25 years in the mining industry and was at the Sparwood BC mine about 20 years ago for a couple of days. The Titan was the "King" of haul trucks at that time and was powered by an EMD locomotive type engine driving electric wheel motors.

Below is a link with specs for the new "King" of haul trucks Liebherr 360 ton capacity haul truck. They are in use in the coal mines in the Powder River Basin of Wyoming about 100 miles from my home.

http://www.wma-minelife.com/coal/TRUCK/truck001.htm