• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Violent "FLASH MOB" tracking website

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just stumbled on this. I can not vouch for it's accuracy.

If it's spot on then this is much worse than I thought.

Violent Flash Mobs - Violent Flash Mobs

Sadly it only seems to track the mobs AFTER they occur and it seems to use MEDIA REPORTS of the mob attacks so if a flash mob is not reported as such, this site does not report it.

The other sad fact is that violence has so overtaken the Flash Mob movement that its overshadowing all the fun stuff that Flash Mobs were known to do like show up in shopping mall food courts and sing Christmas Carols, as seemingly spontaneous events. Or show up at city centers to dance and sing. While its probably true that most flash mobs are still non-violent, we rarely hear reports about the fun/constructive/beautiful flash mob events that are not violent.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Barry should be proud. Chicago has a very strong showing in that list; just like we all expected.