• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Alarming Warning for Men Who Drink Milk

How much milk do you typically drink each day?

• More than 5 glasses

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • 3 to 4 glasses

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 2 to 3 glasses

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 1 glass

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Just a little in cereal

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • None

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

BubbliciousLady

Middle-age men who drink just a glass or two of milk every day are raising their risk of developing Parkinson's disease later in life, report Reuters and the BBC News of research from the University of Virginia Health System in Charlottesville and Korea University in Seoul.

It's not known what ingredient in milk is responsible for the increased risk, but the researchers say it does not appear to be calcium. It's possible that the effect is caused by a contaminant in milk. Previous research has shown that milk does not pose the same risk for women.

The study of 7,504 men ages 45 to 68 who were enrolled in the Honolulu Heart Program examined dietary intake over a 30-year period beginning in the late 1960s. Of these men, 128 developed Parkinson's disease. Those who consumed the most milk daily had the highest risk of developing the disease, which was about 2.3 times the risk of the men who did not drink milk.

It's very important to note that even among the heavy milk drinkers, the risk of developing Parkinson's is still very small, about 14.9 cases per 10,000 people who drink more than 16 ounces of milk a day.

Parkinson's disease, a degenerative disease of the nervous system, causes a noticeable trembling of the arms and legs, stiffness and rigidity of the muscles and slowness of movement. It typically affects people who are 50 and older, although 10 percent to 20 percent of patients are diagnosed before their 40th birthday. Perhaps the most famous Parkinson's patient is actor Michael J. Fox, who was diagnosed at age 30. The cause is not known, but those with the disease have a shortage of a dopamine in their brains, a chemical that affects movement.

The study findings were published in the medical journal Neurology.

kensfarm

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I wonder how many dairy farmers they included in this survey.. I put away over 3 gallons of milk a week by myself.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Living ultimately leads to death..... but you don't know that when you are 17. You think that everything that is published has to be truthful. This is just one of many things that they believe might cause Parkinson's disease. As it has been said so many times in the past. Everyone that has ever drank one glass of water has died. Using that as a premise, then drinking water leads to death ultimately. Professor Junkman...

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
When younger and on the farm we use to take it right out of the ole bulk tank. And if you didn't mix it up before you poured it out you got a gross looking clump of cream in your glass or cereal. But today I don't drink it at all other than maybe a glass of chocolate milk once every two months or so.

murph

jakki

Junkman said:
Living ultimately leads to death..... but you don't know that when you are 17. You think that everything that is published has to be truthful. Professor Junkman...

:confused: Ur only 17???? Professor, you sound so wise for ur age....:smileywac

humor_me

This is almost as ignorant as saying consumption of carrots causes death; after all 100% of those who ate carrots in 1853 are dead.

:yum:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
humor_me said:
This is almost as ignorant as saying consumption of carrots causes death; after all 100% of those who ate carrots in 1853 are dead.

:yum:

Yes, but Walt Disney will be back....someday.

Grooming Snow

Given on how relible the study's are I won't stop Drinking Milk ! The next thing that they will say is that mad cow is from when calves get it from drinking milk:pat: Did they ever ask if the were welders:tiphat: And did you ever hear that alot of men die during Sex:thumb: I want go that way :5boobs: