• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Making ya'll a drink

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
The wife and I are sitting here finally relaxing and watching the Bears and Falcons. We are enjoying a warm drink, and I thought I'd like to make one for each of ya.....

4 oz boiling water
2 oz Johnny Walker Red
2 Big spoonfulls dark brown sugar
Juice of 1/2 a lemon

We really like this drink, but if you have a cold or the flu, it is fantastic....better than Nyquil™

BoneheadNW

DaveNay said:
We really like this drink, but if you have a cold or the flu, it is fantastic....better than Nyquil™
Does it have the same effect on kids? :D Mine are quite hyper right now and could probably use a drink (I could).
Bonehead

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What's the water for?

EDIT - I think I found it... it's for the kids, right?

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
BoneheadNW said:
Does it have the same effect on kids? :D Mine are quite hyper right now and could probably use a drink (I could).
Bonehead

I actually remember as a child my parents giving me a small glass of wine on the nights that we were having family parties. I have since been told that it was without question solely for the purpose of causing us kids to fall asleep. :D

DAP

Try this ... a shot glass full of freshly melted butter mixed with 2 shots of Meyer's Dark Rum.

Man ...

BoneheadNW

DAP said:
Try this ... a shot glass full of freshly melted butter mixed with 2 shots of Meyer's Dark Rum.

Man ...
Now THAT sounds like a drink to me! Throw in some cookies and I am there!
Bone

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I guess I'm pretty boring. Give me a jigger of Kahluha poured into a mug of hot black coffee. I could drink that every night. Just finished one. Not sure that I want to try a glass of butter mixed with rum, but I'm thinking I'd like to try Dave's Johnny Walker receipe.