• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I made brown sugar Italian chicken.
Nothing difficult.
You just mix 1/2 cup brown sugar with a dry packet of Italian dressing.
Dredge the bird parts, then bake at 350° for an hour.
I like delicious but simple.
Results--

20200528_183304-1152x1152.jpg

20200528_183647.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I made brown sugar Italian chicken.
Nothing difficult.
You just mix 1/2 cup brown sugar with a dry packet of Italian dressing.
Dredge the bird parts, then bake at 350° for an hour.
I like delicious but simple.
Results--

View attachment 126969

View attachment 126970

Looks wonderful but between the brown sugar and the rice I would have been in a diabetic coma. Not really but my reading would have been something that I wouldn't have written down in my log. Might have been worth it though.

Us? We had left over pot roast and roasted veggies. It was even better on the second day. Magnificent. I think that we may finish it off on Saturday.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Tonight we had traditional hot dogs. Don't demean the lowly hot dog. They were GREEEATTTT. I haven't had a hot dog in so long. I had two in buns and kept on going back and snaffling another wiener. That accounted for another four. Okay, so now you know that I love wieners. The only other thing on the plate was my wife's fabulous potato salad served on top of sliced tomatoes. The food of the Gods. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Brisket is out of the smoker and "resting" while wrapped in foil.

Sides? No. I have brisket. I don't need side dishes.

Bannedjoe

Brisket is out of the smoker and "resting" while wrapped in foil.

Sides? No. I have brisket. I don't need side dishes.

MMMMMMMMMM...........
The candy of meat!
I love smoked brisket.

When I started my restaurant in 2005, I ate so much brisket everyday, I gave myself gout.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
MMMMMMMMMM...........
The candy of meat!
I love smoked brisket.

When I started my restaurant in 2005, I ate so much brisket everyday, I gave myself gout.

It was probably worth getting gout :hammer:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I bought a thin t-bone and threw it in the grill pan.
3 minutes per side.
Salad too.
Normally I do steaks reverse sear.
This one would have turned to leather.

20200608_175550-1152x1152.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Smoked bacon wrapped sweet pickled pepper stuffed burger balls.

Cheese stuffing is optional.

Attachments

• 0C9CE2F8-497D-40A4-8987-F679F028A33D.jpeg
    0C9CE2F8-497D-40A4-8987-F679F028A33D.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 185

Bannedjoe

Are we still talking about cooking?
:th_lmao:

That's why I hardly go out to restaurants.

Waitress: How would you like your steak cooked?
Me: I don't.

W: Sir it has to be cooked!
M: (Old gag) Just wipe his butt, and throw him on a plate!

W: What???

M: I'll eat the thing raw on a cold plate.

W: We can't do that!

M: Well, then just wave a bic lighter at it, I won't tell anybody.

W: Sir, in this state we have minimum cooking standards!

M: What are they?

W: At least one minute per side.

M: Can we split the difference and make it 30 seconds per side?

W: No!

M: Then I'm not eating here!

W: Can I show you the door?

Last edited:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I had eggs and 'prettles' (that's goetta for all you southern Ohio folks). Lol

View attachment 127828

I've told you before, you have to start eating more. How can you keep up your strength in these trying times with just a snack for dinner. :smilelove:

Tonight at our house it was chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and green beans all smothered in cream gravy. Okay, I know it may not be the healthiest thing but damn, it was good! My wife makes great chicken fried steak and her cream gravy you could make a meal of on its own.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
8 pounds of Chuck, seasoned with dry rub, just went into the smoker.

I use an electric pellet smoker. It's what I have so its what I use. I know some purists demand firewood smokers. I'll stick with the convenience of my wood pellets and electric auger feed to control the temperature and smoke levels.

Today will yield Chuck Burnt Ends.

It's more traditional to make "Burnt Ends" out of brisket but we found a recipe for using Chuck and actually like it better than Brisket cut burnt ends. Its also a lot easier for me to find Chuck Roast at a good price ($2.99/pound) than it is to even get packer cut brisket, which for some reason, is hard to find in my area.

Been using this recipe with great success, but I use whatever dry rubs and sauces I feel like using. LINK => https://www.smoking-meat.com/june-23-2016-smoked-chuck-roast-burnt-ends

The one thing we found by trial and error is that the final sauce works best if it is a MEMPHIS style sauce that is sweet and a little tangy. A HAWAIIAN sweet/pineapple sauce works well too, but MEMPHIS style sauces have become our favorite.

So for dinner tonight we will be having some meat candy.

AND that is not all . . . :hammer:

A bit later today I'll be throwing some of the ribs from a Prime Rib cut into the smoker. NOT the Prime Rib itself. Just the trimmed bone slabs. Those don't take as long to cook, they will just get a savory dry rub. Probably no part of the cow is better to smoke and eat than the slabs of prime rib bones.

Very non-traditional, but damn. And I mean but DAMN. :applause:

They can be roasted in the oven on low temps too, it doesn't give the smoke flavor.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
We went over to my SIL's at the farm for supper. It was her turn. She is a good cook, usually nothing fancy, that's my wife's forte, but just good wholesome home cooking. She a great cook on the BBQ grill, outstanding.

She's about to leave to go to Georgia in her motorhome to see her kids, grandkids and especially the great grandbaby so she's trying to clear out her fridge. We had devilled eggs. I can eat my weight in devilled eggs and nearly did. Next it was cabbage rolls with her concoction of potatoes/cauliflower/cheese/garlic mash, carrots, broccoli and of course, a tomato based gravy. Phew! I did it justice but I had to let the belt out two notches.

I also brought home all the leftover devilled eggs. They'll be left over until lunch tomorrow. :smile:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
We just had a 75 mph wind here. Chain saw time for some trees. Lots of corn crop damage as well. Yippee, the Covid 19 and now this. I guess I will never forget this season..

Regards, Kirk

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
We just had a 75 mph wind here. Chain saw time for some trees. Lots of corn crop damage as well. Yippee, the Covid 19 and now this. I guess I will never forget this season..

Regards, Kirk

That happened at our house on Easter Sunday. In the yard it brought down 4 big trees and a smaller apple tree and more out in the pasture. I took care of the smaller one and my check book took care of the others. :thumbup:

As for this year, it just never seems to end.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter

Regards, Kirk

WOW!
Nothing here in Avoca, Iowa.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Tonight, I'm doing nothing for dinner. I'm the cook and I'm on strike.

I'll bet they go to Freddies for burgers and rings. Or worse White Castle. Don't even want one myself.

I am so tired of coming home every damn night, to feed the pets AND prepare a dinner hardly no one shows up to eat. I'm a trained chef, The food is good by their own words. I cook from scratch and healthy too. Wholesome stuff. But, I have to first do dishes so I can cook and set the table. All so we can eat like a family. It's like pulling hen's teeth to get everybody to the table. Some don't stay long and leave tons of food for "later." The icebox is full of leftovers.

I never know what they will eat. Sometimes they gobble it down. A week later the same food goes cold in the serving dish.:hammer:
I throw tons of it away.

I quit.:bolt:

I understand now why mother's often walk away. Frustrating to say the least..

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

Regards, Kirk

2020 is really turning into a year of hell. Covid-19; Shitty weather; stores, restaurants and theaters closed. I have yet to be on the sailboat. What's worse and looming above it all,,,; is that Biden could win.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
They went to Wendy's for burgers, fries and a family size bag of chicken tenders.
UGH!!!!

I ate a fresh salad and one of the sirloin steaks left over from last night.