• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

KFC Donut Chicken Sammich...I'm in love

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
THE DONUT CHICKEN SANDWICH :hammer:

OK, this sandwich has finally been made available in my area.

I wanted to try it.

IT IS A MASTERPIECE that combines the best of a DIABETIC COMA with an artery hardening HEART ATTACK of deep fried food and it is wonderful.

Basically 2 freshly hot dipped glazed donuts slapped on a deep fried chicken breast. It is sweet and mildly savory, it drips and oozes hot sugar glaze everywhere (not a car friendly food). Despite their best attempts to contain the lava hot glaze in a piece of deli paper, its a mess to eat.

A gloriously delectable hot mess :applause:

One that you need to try but clearly is a public health threat if you indulge on a regular basis.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd give it a go if I could find a KFC. My kids are 18 & 22 years old and have only been to KFC once (while we were traveling).

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've let my stomach reflect a couple hours on my lunch choice and I have to say, I still give this sandwich a hearty :thumbup:

Will I eat another? If I'm out, and no family member is watching me, then oh hell yes.

Now I will issue a serious WARNING.
This really needs to be eaten while it is reasonably fresh. Go get one, eat it in the restaurant. Or, if you have less than a 5 minute drive, hit the drive through and take it back to the office, home, a park or strip club (where the strippers will be upset because you are enjoying the sammich more than enjoying looking at their boobs).

This sammich must, and I mean absolutely must be eaten while it is still warm/hot so you get the full effect of the lava flow of sugary goodness from the oozing glaze they dipped those donuts in. It should be warm enough that it squishes out of the sammich while you try to bit into it or flatten it to fit it into your mouth.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I stay away from fast food as much as I can. I lost 19 pounds since the holidays and fully plan to keep it off.

Thanx for the review though.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, I'm another who won't be trying it. I go to McDonald's once a year when I take my car in for service. There's a McD's next to the dealership. Besides, I'm diabetic so the donuts are out. It may be anti American to say this but I don't really like donuts anyway. Now, I do eat fried chicken on occasion, I love it, but not too often because of the diabetic thing again. No, I'll just keep drinking my water and eating my salad. What a boring life I lead but it is a life and I'm not through with it yet.

Bannedjoe

KFC used to be the best thing in the world, until they changed their entire flavor and preparation profile quite some years ago.

Can't even.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I stay away from fast food as much as I can. I lost 19 pounds since the holidays and fully plan to keep it off.

Thanx for the review though.
I also stay away from most all of them. KFC is, frankly, awful. The closest thing to fast food for us is Cracker Barrel. Which is at least consistently average fare nation wide.

McDonald's, Bugger King, Arby's, Hardee's,,,; All of it used to be fast and cheap. Worth every penny I guess. Now, not so much.

Cathy brings home Wendy's on occasion for the kids.,,,; I'll make a PBJ.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm sorry. I read this as about a McD's sandwich, not KFC. Not that it matters much to me. I won't be eating it but the rest of you … enjoy. :smile:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I also stay away from most all of them. KFC is, frankly, awful. The closest thing to fast food for us is Cracker Barrel. Which is at least consistently average fare nation wide.

McDonald's, Bugger King, Arby's, Hardee's,,,; All of it used to be fast and cheap. Worth every penny I guess. Now, not so much.

Cathy brings home Wendy's on occasion for the kids.,,,; I'll make a PBJ.

Amen. That is my go to fast food as well. Has been for 71 years now and counting. :thumbup:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Heres a donut meme. Couldn’t find a donut/chicken one :whistling:

Attachments

• D464ACC4-55F0-43A5-9E2F-165D032A49FC.gif
    D464ACC4-55F0-43A5-9E2F-165D032A49FC.gif
    182.6 KB · Views: 175

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZxdBPMW-8w[/ame]

Here is another review done by a popular You tube fast food critic.

Never hurts to have a second opinion lol!

Regards, Kirk