• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wisconsin DNR issues letter: Remove your 'concrete deer' or else!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow there must be a special kind of stupid to confuse concrete deer yard ornaments with real deer.

But then again, we are talking about government employees, I think they hold a near monopoly on being a special kind of stupid.

(If I had one) Instead of removing mine I would dress it up like Elmer Fudd.

Attachments

• 12039161_10205130477963717_8853635914712097772_o.jpg
    12039161_10205130477963717_8853635914712097772_o.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 355

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Theres a ton of the target type deer ornaments around here in preparation for the sacred time of year. Deer season, especially bow & arrow. Better keep them out of Wisconsin, we wouldn't want those brainiacs to confuse deer with red targets on them for the real thing. :yum::yum:

If that is not enough, around these parts, deer tend to actually move around a bit in pursuit of food. Rarely have they been found to stand still for months or years on end motionless.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The funny is the amount of money the DNR paid for a deer study.

The deer herd is regionally/locally suffering here and there and we sarcastically poke fun at the experts as they pretend to be able to manage the resource......

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The funny is the amount of money the DNR paid for a deer study.

The deer herd is regionally/locally suffering here and there and we sarcastically poke fun at the experts as they pretend to be able to manage the resource......

it is probably a lot funnier to those of us who did NOT pay the taxes that funded the study :w00t2:

undy

If that is not enough, around these parts, deer tend to actually move around a bit in pursuit of food. Rarely have they been found to stand still for months or years on end motionless.

Our deer herd is renowned for it's patience. This explains the local DNR's confusion.

I'm good as gold. All my deer statues are made of cheese, and only the concrete ones are supposed to be removed.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
The Wisconsin DNR has made such a huge cluster f@ck of deer population counting and control in this state it isn't even funny any more.

I seriously doubt that any of these lib-tarded, ecco-nazis can even count the toes on their feet.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow there must be a special kind of stupid to confuse concrete deer yard ornaments with real deer.

But then again, we are talking about government employees, I think they hold a near monopoly on being a special kind of stupid.

(If I had one) Instead of removing mine I would dress it up like Elmer Fudd.

At first I thought maybe this was a safety procedure because some stew-putt hunters would shoot a Concrete deer.:w00t2:

But now I see that the DNR employs people who cannot tell the difference. Can we then assume none of them are ever allowed to hunt?:yum:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Isn't there a competency test of something that should be passed before allowing people to work in certain government offices?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Do they ever get out of the Chevy Suburban to count deer or do they just drive around suburbia and count what they find in people's yards?

undy

Do they ever get out of the Chevy Suburban to count deer or do they just drive around suburbia and count what they find in people's yards?

It's rumored that they hire myopic people from Nepal to look over NSA surveillance photos and try to count deer. They've never seen a live deer before this in their life, but they're doing the best they can!! :w00t2:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
How does one go about becoming a licensed concrete deer breeder? I'd love to have a herd of them, but of course, mine would all want to be included in the Wisconsin census so they can vote.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter

yMichigan the DNR was asked how they get the numbers for the deer herd and they explained that during hunting season they have people on overpasses counting the dead deer tied to the back of pickups and on cars and that they also put high school kids in the field to count the deer moving. There were several other methods employed as well, but I could get over the people on overpasses......:unsure:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
And I thought only Massachusetts government could do be ridiculous. We have a new law that says if you turn on your wipers you must turn on your headlights.

Watch for sun showers!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
And I thought only Massachusetts government could do be ridiculous. We have a new law that says if you turn on your wipers you must turn on your headlights.

Watch for sun showers!

So if you just want to wash the bugs off your windows and press/pull/activate the "wiper fluid" you have to turn on your headlights first? :doh:

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Haven't you ever driven on the road at the start of a rain or in the fog and these mental arthritics won't turn their lights on (especially in their pale colored car)?

Connecting headlights and windshield wipers would be a smart move, IMO.

For this reason, I am also a fan of DRLs.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Haven't you ever driven on the road at the start of a rain or in the fog and these mental arthritics won't turn their lights on (especially in their pale colored car)?
Yes I have, and making yet another law will not change that. PLEASE, NO MORE LAWS!
Connecting headlights and windshield wipers would be a smart move, IMO.

For this reason, I am also a fan of DRLs.
Agreed!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Watch for sun showers!
Massachusetts is not alone in that law. Not sure when Ohio enacted this law but they did.

I am also a fan of DRL and realize there are plenty of times lights are needed when it is raining. But not every rain requires lights. Did we really need another law on the books? I suppose that is what State legislatures do. We put them in office they have to make laws. :bonk:

Attachments

• WipersOnHeadlightsOn.jpg
    WipersOnHeadlightsOn.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 317

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I do wonder if the plane that took this picture is concerned that it's going to run into that car. Just sayin.

attachment.php