• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

snow trac sprocket rubber

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I need to reline my snow trac sprocket hubs this summer. Anyone know of a place that does snow tracs? I have a few chunks that broke loose and the wet snow builds up in the missing spots and causes track problems.
jim
DSC03982.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
there's an epoxy that remains flexable you can buy at aircraft supply houses called pro seal it will work good for those repairs. pro seal is a fuel tank sealer but is also used else where on comercial airplanes i use it on my push rod tubes to ensure they never leak

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim,

Another possibilty is a business that re treads truck tires and Ag rubber tracks. They have unvulanized rubber material that could be rolled in, and would self cut on the center spiral brass rib. Then they vulcanize in an oven at 310 deg. or so and 80 psi. atmp. I have a small rim at such a place and they are going to make a solid tire with this material, then vulcanize it to the rim...I haven't got it back yet though.

Also Caterpillar sells a repair kit for rubber tracked tractors that has a compound, 2 parts in it that I am sure would work. The kit is around $150 if I remember right, and has quite a bit of material with it, enough for your job. Could always try this before my other idea...

Just a thought...

Best regards, Kirk